¢нαρтєя 10

Unedited

¢σρуяιgнт © 2015 Margareth Valley
All Rights Reserved

Your skin is warm like an oven,
Your kiss is sugary sweet.
Your fingers feel like cotton,
When you put your arms around me.
I feel like I'm just missing,
Something whenever you leave.
We've got all the ingredients,
Except you loving me.
And respectfully...

-Melanie Martinez "Cake"

¢нαρтєя 10

I continue to stare at the unconscious dog.

Please don't be dead.

I eagerly poke the big dog, it's eyes almost immediately sprung open. It jumps back before staring at me with curiosity. I too, jump away in fear it would bite my head off. The dog releases a quiet whine, not liking my reaction.

"G-good doggy, I-I'll go get y-you food." I stammered, my heart now nervous.

It stalks the area I kept her in.

At least I think it's a girl, I can't really tell.

Stuffing whatever I can into a bowl, not really knowing what dogs actually eat, other than dog food. I jog back to the room I kept her in. She jumped at the sight of me, her tongue lolling out. I set aside the plate, and petted her. "Good girl."

I see it visibly freeze, before snarling. I jolt away, confused to what I had done.

"I'll just l-leave." I stuttered, jumping to the door. It makes a move to follow but I however outran it, magically.

What was her problem?

Where was Avan? What was he doing?

I wondered, sighing at our brief kiss. It was like heaven skated upon my body, just for a short moment, but I had to ruin it. I really wanted to see him again, I just didn't know when I'd ever get the chance to.

VVV

Avan awakens to the feeling of being watched, popping his eyes open he propped himself on his hind legs jumping away from the angel. Leah. He then noticed not only was he in wolf form, but she was barely dressed!

Wearing a loose robe, while her wet hair stuck to her face. It was a sight to see. She also jumps away, her bunny slippers squeaking as she walks backwards.

"G-good doggy, I-I'll go get y-you food." She says fearfully, gesturing me to calm down, while looking for the doorknob while still staring at his ghastly form. Avan didn't sit too well with the thought of her trying to run from him. In fact, it pissed him off. But still, he remains calm for the sake of his mate.

She runs away to the safety of her hallways, and that was when Avan knew he really didn't like the sight of her running away. Especially from him. He prowls in her room, rubbing his body against the furniture to get an itch he couldn't reach. He couldn't possibly just shift back, and leave little Leah with no explanation.

She comes back in a jiff, holding food in one hand which got his mouth watering. He growls in his chest, as she petted him calling him a girl. His angel walks backwards once more frightened.

"I'll just l-leave." She uttered breathing heavily, Avan tries to stop her however failing miserably and receiving a slammed door shut. He snarls to himself scolding himself internally.

He needed to be with his mate.

And before he knew it, he probably made the worst decision known to wolf kind.

VVV

I lazily stir the hot water mixing in the coffee grains, I needed this. I really needed this. My eyes were carrying heavy bags, as last night I couldn't sleep a wink knowing I might've murdered an innocent creature.

I hear footsteps, as in actual footsteps, not the soft pads from a paw. It was scary, was there a robber? A murderer perhaps? A jealous ex girlfriend of Aiden's? Possibly.

The footsteps gets closer, and I pause from the stirring of my coffee, peering down the darkened hallway to my right. "Is anyone there?" I declared, honestly fearing for my life.

Legs.

Human legs, moving my gaze upwards I see a man. And not just any man, Avan Costarelli.

What was he doing in my house? Let me rephrase that, why was he in my house with my sweatshirt tied to his naked body?

"Leah, I can explain." He calmly states, using non threatening hand gestures.

I couldn't comprehend why Avan would suddenly appear from my room.

I, frozen in terror, couldn't do anything. Anything but scream that is. As the shriek left my lip, Avan speeds towards covering my mouth with his hand.

"Shh, you'll wake the neighbors." He insisted, kissing my forehead.

I shudder when he smirks in his kiss, at my reaction.

My face flushed, while I pushed him away. "What are you doing here, naked?" I spoke, sweat appearing. Biting his lip, he shrugged.

"You called me a girl!"

I scoffed, "I didn't!" I pronounced, utterly confused with his declaration.

He sighs patting my head, "Listen, Leah." He speaks seriously, gripping my robe covered shoulders. I glanced down at my sweatshirt, he used to cover his genitals. Immediately deciding to burn it afterwards. "I need you to never speak of anything you saw last night. And I need you to also..." He trails, massaging his temples.

"I need you to stay as far as possible from me."

VVV

Avan knew it now, he knew it wasn't meant to be. He wanted her, oh how he lusted after her. But he also cared for her, far too much. At such a short time period, she had him doing circles around her. But now, he knows.

He couldn't bring her into his world.

His world was to dangerous.

He loved her too much to endanger her.

Far too much.

* * * * *
My library is flooded with books :), haha I don't know which to read first.

Anybody have any recommendations to any books you loved this year?

-Margareth Valley

P.S.

Picture of Avan's wolf, the cliché black alpha male :P. ^^'