¢нαρтєя 30

Unedited

¢σρуяιgнт © 2015 Margareth Valley
All Rights Reserved

¢нαρтєя 30

I bit my lip. He knew.

Peter knew.

Growing up with Aiden as my best friend, his father was always there. Peter took care of us. But he always had this abnormal obsession over werewolves and wolves in general.

Gritting my teeth, I think logically.

Peter wouldn't care.

"Peter won't care." I say confidently.

Aiden's mouth twitches. "Leah, you and I both know he would. He'll see you as a traitor. He'll try to kill you, please-- just marry me, it's for your own good."

I squirm in my chair, "I can't." I blurt.

"And why not?" He asks, worry covering his face.

"It doesn't feel right." I insisted, while gulping down any pride I had left.

Aiden stands abruptly, and slams his fists onto the table separating us. "I don't want to see you get hurt! Don't you understand? You will just get hurt if you're with that-- that monster." He shouts.

"Aiden, you don't understand." I whimpered.

It hurt. A lot.

The suffocating pain made its appearance, suddenly. It felt like somebody squeezed my heart and it disappeared.

An odd pain, indeed.

Aiden aggravated expression didn't help one bit. "I want to protect you, but you're not letting me do that."He retorts, coldly, before trudging away.

He doesn't understand.

Or maybe he was right.

He doesn't understand.

Maybe Avan was dangerous.

He doesn't understand.

Avan is dangerous.

But it didn't help the depth growing inside me.

Not one bit.

VVV

Avan crouched down below the thick bushes, getting ready to ambush the three scents that have intruded the area.

Three medium sized wolves trudge through the muddy woods, coming right towards Avan's location. They were similar in sizes and colours.

Avan bit back a snarl, his annoying brothers had stuck their snouts somewhere it doesn't belong in. They whimpered, and crouch lowly their heads touching the ground to show respect.

There were no other means of communicating with them, other than snarl, or bark. Barking wasn't an option seeing as they were attempting to keep the element of surprise going.

Avan thrusts his head in the direction the three boys appeared from, telling them to, 'beat it.'

His three little brothers didn't get the message, or perhaps they were toying with him, testing his patience. They even had the tendency to wag their tails and toss the agitated Alpha a stick.