9:00 pm

I felt my leg restlessly jump up and down as I waited impatiently for the concert to start back up. I've had to use the bathroom for about ten minutes now, but didn't want to miss the show.

"You okay?" Sadie asked, clearly not that concerned. I nodded my head and took out my phone to occupy my mind. I checked my social media, including Facebook, where under relationship status on Eric's page, he wrote "it's complicated". I mentally rolled my eyes and attempted to play a game. The constant clicking of my fingernails on the screen made me restless, so I eventually just tuned my phone off and gave up all together.

"Alaina!" Sadie shouted. I spun my head around to look at her.

"Huh?" She sighed.

"Do you have to use the bathroom?" I nodded anxiously.

"Can you record the show for me if it starts?" I asked impatiently.

"Of course, I'll even record-"

"Thanks" I cut her off, not being able to hold it in any longer. I walked out of the stadium and into the area with the food stands and restrooms. I walked quickly towards the ladies room, before seeing Eric walking the opposite way towards me. I jerked my head down quickly, hoping he wouldn't see me. Suddenly, my head collided with somebody's chest and I went tumbling to the ground. I didn't dare look up, afraid I would be facing Eric.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" The boy asked. I felt a rush of relief run over me, knowing it wasn't Eric's voice. I looked up, and felt my heart stop beating. Standing before me was a boy with the cutest grin I have ever seen. He had dark brown hair, parted lousily at the side of his head. His dark caramel eyes had a sense of sensitivity, yet were bright and adventurous. His black rimmed nerdy glasses made my heart melt, along with his long white sweater with holes cut out for his thumbs to fit through. I stood still, speechless, my mouth hanging open like an idiot. He chuckled at me and ran a hand nervously through his thick hair. After breaking eye contact with me, I watched as his eyes drifted to my chest. I stiffened nervously and looked down, only to find he was looking at my backstage pass.

"I guess I'll see you later..." He grabbed the badge and squinted as he tried to read the print. "Alaina" He gave me a wink and another curious smirk, and sprinted down the hallway. I stood there, flustered. I guess I'll see you later... What did he mean by that? I shook my head, hoping all my anxiety would spill out of me. With no luck, I hurried into the bathroom to use what I got out of my seat for.

~

I stepped out of the stall, and looked at myself in the mirror.

Shit

My hair looked like I didn't even brush it today, and my makeup had smeared away.

I looked to the side and saw a makeup purse lying on the counter. I look around, and after not seeing anyone, attempted to fix my makeup. I put on some more layers of mascara, and re-did my eyeliner. I didn't dare use their lipstick, and the blush and foundation didn't match my skin tone. I ran my fingers through my hair until there were no more knots, and took one final look at myself. If I were him, I would've rushed away from me too.

I stepped out of the bathroom, and couldn't help but look around for him. I didn't even get his name.

When I arrived back at my seat, Fall Out Boy had already started playing their set.

"What did I miss?" I shouted to Sadie. She continued to record the concert.

"About 2 songs" I nodded and stood up from my chair. She smirked over at me.

"Look who's joining the party" she said, raising an eyebrow. I shrugged.

"Let's just hope I don't get hit with a water bottle this time." This made her chuckle, and she let a warm smile cover her face.

I tried to let the music fill my mind, but couldn't stop thinking about the boy with the handsome smile.

I started to hate myself for not wearing anything better than my old sweatshirt. I hated that I didn't curl my hair today, or worry more about my makeup. I hated myself for not saying anything to that boy, and I hated that I care so much about a stranger. But most of all...

I hated that I'd never see him again.