1:00 am

My eyes grew wide as Brendon's words raced through my mind.

"Are you ready?" He asked hurriedly. I nodded hesitantly, and shuffled closer to him. His eyes whirled around, trying to find the right moment to leap up.

"Now!" He whispered. I popped up with him and followed him down the hills. He struggled to keep his guitar case in his hands, but still managed to keep up a good pace. I struggled to keep up with him, my strides much slower than his. The flashlights started racing towards us, and I felt someone push me back into some rose bushes. I laid there, feeling the thorns impale my skin.

"Brendon?!" I whispered. I frantically searched for him, but with no luck. The officers burst out of the trees, and started searched the area. I sat as still as possible, making sure even my breaths were quiet. I heard some shuffling behind me, and saw Brendon's head pop out behind a tree. He smiled, and put his finger over his lips, signaling me to remain quiet.

"They're not here!" The officers shouted. Brendon's eyes drifted to the ground, where he wrapped his fingers around a medium size rock. He threw it past the officers and into another patch of trees.

"Over there!" The officers then ran in the opposite direction of the two of us. I looked back over at Brendon, who's eyebrow was raised cockily. He crawled over to me, and laid down on his back laughing.

"That was so much fun" He exclaimed. I shook my head at him.

"Fun?! I could've gotten arrested!" He rolled his eyes jokingly.

"Loosen up" He patted my shoulder, and sprang up to his feet.

"Where shall we go now?" He asked. I thought about this for a moment, considering that Brendon may actually be crazy.

"Maybe I should just go home.." I stated. I started to walk back down the hill, and heard him follow me moments later.

"What? You can't leave now!" He shouted. I turned around and shushed him, afraid the officers could still hear us. He closed his eyes impatiently. "Look, I'm just saying you should try and be a little more fun" I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow.

"I'm fun" He chuckled at this, and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Prove it" He said, challenging me. I stopped, realizing I was at the bottom of the hill. My eyes searched for something fun to do. I pointed at a nearby park.

"I'm going to go skateboarding." He laughed at this.

"Sure you are" I could tell he was only trying to get a rise out of me, but I played along anyway.

"Yep." I walked over to the park, where I had already seen an abandoned skateboard in the grass. I set it down on the sidewalk, and positioned my feet. I glanced over at Brendon, who was trying to keep himself from laughing.

"What?" He grinned and strutted over to me, where he re-positioned my feet to the correct form. I blushed, embarrassed.

"Now, you can skateboard." I set my foot on the ground, and pushed off. I felt myself wobble, and eventually fell onto the ground. I heard Brendon laughing, and giggled myself.

"Shut up and help me up" He walked over to me and offered his hand, which I gladly took.

"I knew you'd be a natural" He joked. I chuckled, and glanced behind him, where I found a big guy heading towards us. My eyes grew wide as I started to realize who it was.

"Oh shit" I said frantically. He furrowed his eyebrows, and looked over his shoulder.

"Who is that?" He asked, confused. I didn't answer, the fear making it impossible to speak. He walked up to Brendon, towering over him.

"Hey, bitch" He spat at me. I stood still, not moving a muscle.

"Eric" I managed to choke out. He looked down at Brendon, who I had just realized is kind of shorter than most guys.

"Who's this clown?" Brendon asked, grinning.

"How did you know where I was?" I asked. Eric smiled and pulled out his phone.

"I track your phone. I know where you are every second of every day." Brendon raised an eyebrow.

"Stage five clinger much?" Eric's eyes dilated, having enough of Brendon's sarcasm. He drew back, and punched Brendon in his right eye. Brendon took a few steps back, surprised at the sudden movement.

"I see how it is, pick on the little guys. You're a real man aren't you Eric" Brendon spat.

"Brendon..." I whispered nervously. Eric grabbed a fist full of Brendon's shirt and slugged him again.

"You done bein' a smart ass?" Brendon looked straight into Eric's cold eyes.

"Not. Even. Close." Brendon said tiredly. Eric pulled Brendon back up to his feet, and set his hands on his throat.

"Eric!" I shouted. He ignored my screaming, and considered wether or not to actually kill Brendon. I ran quickly over to the now abandoned skateboard, and dragged it over to Eric. I took the board in both hands, and struck him in the side of the head. Eric hardly flinched, and switched his gaze over to me.

"You bitch" He took his hands off of Brendon's throat, and slapped me across the face. I fell onto the ground, startled.

"What the hell?!" Brendon shouted. "Who hits a girl?" I rolled my eyes at the comment, annoyed that guys always say this. Brendon punched Eric in the nose, sending Eric stumbling back. Eric's eyes widened, surprised at Brendon's strength. I started to search my mind for a way to end the fight, and without coming up with any better ideas, decided to kick Eric in the back of the knees. He collapsed, crushing my legs in the process. I winced, and fell back to the ground. Brendon rushed over to me, and kneeled to the ground.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. I pointed to my legs weakly, signaling I was losing feeling in them. Brendon rolled Eric over on his side, and sat me up. Eric growled, and started to sit up as well.

"Can you run?" I shrugged, genuinely not knowing if it would hurt or not.

"You pieces of shit" Eric murmured.

"Okay, we gotta go" Brendon stated. I stood up to my feet and let out an uncontrolled wince. He chuckled.

"Eric is pretty fat, isn't he?" Eric growled once again, and glared at us.

"Do you need me to carry you?" Brendon asked hurriedly as he picked up his guitar case. I glanced at Eric, who was starting to stand up.

"No, I'm fine." Brendon shrugged, and started to jog to where we parked the car. I limped behind him, trying my hardest to keep a good pace.

When we finally reached the car, Brendon stuffed his guitar case in the back and unlocked the doors for me. I collapsed into my seat, out of breath. Moments later, Brendon got into the car, and rested his head on the back of the seat. He gave off a weak smile, and glanced over at me.

"Where to next?"

_______

Sorry I waited so long to update this, I'll update sooner next time <3