Chapter Four

Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR 

RECAP: The evil dictator Haward the Holy, who has now complete authoritarian rule over the school amidst the zombie apocalypse, has now captured Schuh Kopf, Baenab, Haligram and several others who were not previously under his control. Meanwhile, locked inside another part of the school is Kaitlyn, Aashnut, D-Tee etc. along with the dead body of Manruler (Ashnut's lover). WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT???!!!11

"They should've come back by now!" D-tee whispered as tears pooled in her eyes. She had especially hoped they would have come back with survivors – more importantly, one particular survivor she had in mind.

"Don't worry," said Kaitlyn, who had now proceeded to bite off what little remained of her fingernails. It had been over four hours and the incessant growling that had increased significantly throughout the day from the outside of this locked room was now more pronounced than ever. How could they all possibly survive here any longer with just a few knives and one measly gun?

Kaitlyn was also hungry and that was never a good sign. Unbeknownst to her, Schuh Kopf had slipped a small chocolate bar (labelled 'Bodybuilding Bombers Bar') into her coat pocket some point before they had left. She found it soon after. Although it would've been perfectly fine for her to gobble it down on her own (which she contemplated doing for a while) on a normal day, Kaitlyn knew it was only fair that she share it among the others who were, no doubt, hungry too. (It really pained her to share food but it was the most ethical thing to do! Miss Mariam would've been proud.)

She began sharing the chocolate bar around, breaking off bits and handing it to Ashnut, who was currently lying next to the mangled body of Manruler. Then onto D-Tee and Cho Han, who sat with their ears pressed firmly to the locked door – Kaitlyn knew they were hoping to hear footsteps. Alive ones. Pun-Low and Alles Claar were sat in a corner, not really talking at all. Alles looked particularly green in the face, her face patched in sweat and grime that had collected over the day.

"Hey," Kaitlyn said, walking over to them anxiously. "You're looking peaky, Alles, is everything alright?"

"I'm fine," Alles snapped and Kaitlyn drew back, hurt. "Just leave me for a minute, okay?"

Pun-Low glanced at Kaitlyn with worried eyes and then, perhaps not as discreetly as he should've, mouthed 'She's not fine'.

"I – um – just wanted to give you the some chocolate bar." Kaitlyn reached out to give Alles the remainder of the bar but she simply swatted her hand away. Kaitlyn turned to Pun-Low for help.

"Don't look at me!" he said, shrugging. "I'm no good with PMS."

"I'm not PMS'ing!" Alles shot Pun-Low a dirty look. Kaitlyn bent down and, after a split second of hesitance, reached out to touch the blonde's shoulder.

"If there's anything—" She began but Alles interrupted her, her face now flushing with anger.

"Yes there is something!" she bit back, the scarlet on her cheeks very pronounced against her pale, white skin. "All day we've been dodging zombie teachers and students, taking orders from our own friends like we're a bunch of – a bunch of soldiers! I'm just sick of it. I'm sick. And you've just been stuck to that Kopf boy's hip the whole day. Look I know you've had a bit of a weird obsession with him since forever but that doesn't mean you completely ignore me and the fact that I got bit on the way here and now I'm going to die and it's going to be at school and—" Alles began to sob loudly.

"Shhh!" Pun-Low put his fingers to his lips. "We've got to stay quiet!"

"Oh shut up, Pun." Kaitlyn put her arms around Alles, trying to choke down her own sobs that threatened to come out. Bit? Alles was bit. She was going to die. Kaitlyn's friend was going to die. It had never occurred to Kaitlyn that at some point, she might just lose one of her own friends. Like, really lose them. "You're not going to die, Alles," she said instead, hoping she sounded firm. "If Harward the Holy is still alive we'll put a gun to his turbinated head and force him to create a medicine. Look at me, Alles." She started to cry as well. "You will live. I promise you that."