Revealed

Dakota's P.O.V.

It had been a while since X's disappearance. I was managing, stealing the occasional meal. I was sitting in our hideout, and that's when I saw him. The man I had made the deal with.

"Time's up," he said. "It's time you paid me." He then lunged at me, and we battled. I pulled out my bow staff, and held him at bay for a while. After maybe five minutes, he feinted twice, and I fell for the second one. He threw the final blow, almost knocking me out. I decided to play along and pretend like I was fully asleep. He dragged me out of the building and into a car with blacked out windows. It was dark while he drove, and I had a feeling that it would take a long time to get to where he wanted me to be. I sat back in thought. Thought about Fallon. Yes, I know her name. She was my friend in the...what should I call it... Real world? I was her only friend. We did everything together. Then one day, a man came to me, giving me an offer. Both Fallon and I were in love with the Teen Titans, and I knew she had a crush on Beast Boy and she knew I had a crush on Red X. This man told me I could go into this world. I selfishly accepted. I had lived here ever since. I felt the car stop. I quickly acted passed out again as the man opened the back of the car. He roughly dragged me out, hitting me on the ground hard. I felt the warmth increase. He must've dragged me into a building. He sat me up. This was my chance. I opened my eyes and lunged at the man. He was expecting it though, because he simply flipped me over his shoulder, knocking the wind out of me. I lay on the floor, gasping for air. "I expected this much," he said. "I made a correct decision when it came to picking people from your reality. Combining your strength with the strength of an average person from this reality... Priceless. You and your friend... Best decision I ever made."

"Friend?" I asked, though I already knew who he was talking about.

"See for yourself," he said pointing to a corner I the dark room. I looked and saw her form, slumped against the wall.