Best Friends Forever

I was wondering if you guys wanted a chapter on Aiden and Miles's date? Leave a comment if you do ^,^ 

And that's Amanda (minus the gauges) ->

Chapter Nine: Best Friends Forever

"Listen he you little fag!"

The loud, harsh words have me jumping to my feet. Considering I've been sick in bed all day today, getting up so quickly wasn't the best idea I've ever had.

I groan in pain as my vision grows spotty. After a few seconds of dizziness I exit my dorm and spot the guy who beat Aiden up the first day here.

Rick was it?

Anyways he has a panicked Wes pushed roughly against the wall. A tear runs down his face as he struggles to get away from the much larger guy.

"The hell is this?!" I growl. Nobody hurts my friends, especially when they're much too small to fight for themselves, or at least too outmatched.  

I catch Rick off guard and Wes manages to escape his grasp. He rushes behind me, blood running down from his nose.

"It's none of your business," Rick glares angrily at me.

"Wes is my friend. I think it is my business."

"In that case," he looks me over, "that makes you a fag too."

Oh hell no.

"Listen, Rick," I take a few steps closer to the little fucker. "You don't speak to us like that. You think you're so high and mighty for hating someone for being theirself. Well I'm not going to take it. I'm better than that. The only person here that deserves that shit is you. You're the disgusting one. You're the embarrassment." Red has hazed my vision and the only logical thing to do is to emphasize my point by shoving Rick hard against the wall just like he had Wes. I want him to feel the pain he made Wes feel. "You don't touch him!" I hiss.

"What are you going to do about it?"

"I'll kick your ass!" I push him harder against the wall.

"Like hell you will!" Rick's pushes me off of him.

I'm about to throw the first punch some weird squeaking makes me pause. I look over and my eyes meet Caleb.

The heart break hits me like a bullet and I’m out.

Something cool seeps down my skin, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Reed."

I grumble. "What was that for?!" My eyes open and I look up. I frown. "W-what happened?" God, my head feels terrible...

"You let Rick punch you! What the hell was that all about?!" Caleb glares at me.

I shrug. "Why fight back? What's the point?"

"To kick his ass!" I can tell he's getting angry from the tone of voice.

I'll give it to him straight.

"That's not going to stop him Caleb. Plus he's bigger and stronger."

"What happened to you Reed? Was all that tough kid shit a lie too? Huh?"

I shake my head. "People come into your life and you change Caleb. You're certainly not who you were two years ago."

"Yeah? Well people leave your life and that changes you too, Reed."