Sleepover

Chapter Sixteen: Sleepover

Reed’s Point of View

Finally it was fall break, and boy was I ready to get out of this place. Not having to worry about Rick messing with Caleb and I is going to make life so much easier. But that’s not the only problem. You see ever since Zach and Wes had their little ‘moment’ Zach has refused to talk to anyone and has locked himself away in his room. Wes on the other hand has been moping around 24/7. All this sadness is driving me insane!

“You all ready?” I ask Caleb. He’s sitting on my bed, drumming on his legs.

So cute.

“Yup!” He smiles up at me. He hasn’t been smiling much lately so it’s good to see him actually happy.

“Alright, let’s get going.” I reach down and pull him up.

Miles has already left, he said something about going back home to see his family or something…

“But, uh, before we go I need to tell you something.” Caleb smiles up at me, I can’t help but to smile back.

“Yes?”

“Well it’s about your family…” He takes a second to figure out what he’s about to tell me. “They, uh, they know about,”

“About me being bi?”

He nods.

“Well yeah, heck my aunt was the one who helped me out with it. Look if you think for one second they aren’t going to like you then you must be tripping on acid or something.” I pat his brown curls. “Caleb you are perfect, anyone can see that.”

Caleb’s cheeks turn a soft pink color and he looks down. “I just hope my family feels the same…”

My stomach ties into a knot. “I-I’ve changed…I’ll prove it to them.”  I don’t know how I can make it up to them…but I can try.

“Thank you.” Caleb mumbles softly, still staring down at the ground. “I know you can prove it. You proved it to me.” He looks up at me as he says the last part of the sentence.

“They better.” I smile nervously knowing the next time he sees his mom he might just have a bit more news than ‘this is my boyfriend’.

It takes us six hours to get to the hotel in which my family had decided to stay for the week. Caleb insisted on driving, apparently he has a horrible fear of heights or something, but honestly it was worth it. I got Caleb to myself for five whole hours. Even when he was passed out in the passenger’s seat it was still the best five hours I’ve had in a long time.

“Caleb.” I flick his head and he grumble. “Hey Princess wake up.”

Cable’s eyes flutter open and he glares. “Did you flick me?”

“Yeah,” I admit smirking playfully. I knew I hadn’t done it hard enough to hurt him, just enough to bug the hell out of him.

“I thought ‘princesses’ got woken up by a kiss. Some prince charming you are.” He rolls his eyes, trying hard to hide the smile on his lips.

“Nah I’m saving the kissing for tonight.” I wink and his cheeks go red.

“If I let you.” He snaps.

Well maybe it would have been best to wake Mr. Grumpy up a different way…

“Oh you will.” I say, praying that I haven’t pushed my luck. Caleb and I have yet to go ‘all the way’ since getting back together. It’s not that I mind, I’m just getting…well you know, restless. I was hoping to fix that little problem tonight…

“So this is where we’re staying?”  Caleb’s eyes go wide as he stares at the tall building in front of us.

“Mmmh,” I hand him his suitcase.

“It looks…expensive.”

“It is expensive.” I chuckle. “But don’t worry about it. My dad’s paying.”

We walk into the hotel, after I had the keys to my car to the valet. Judging by the way Caleb stares at everything I’m guessing he’s never stayed at a place like this before. He’s going to get used to it if things go the way I hope.

“Hello, sir, how can I help you today?” The man at the front desk asks with a cheerful smile.

“I looking for the room under Crawford.” I tap my fingers on the desk and wait for him to look up the room.

“There’s a few here, what’s your first name?” He asks, looking us over.

“Uh, the room should be under Reed Crawford.” Of course there’s going to be more than one Crawford. Why didn’t I think of that…?

“I’m sorry I don’t see a room under Reed Crawford.”

I sigh. “What about George, that’s my father. He’s the one who made the reservations.”

Damn I just want to get up to the room and get in Caleb.

“There’s only one room under George Crawford. It has two beds and a pullout couch. Maybe he got just the one?”

“He better not have. Has he already checked in?” He nods. “What’s the room number?”

“412”

Without another word I grab Caleb’s hand and pull him to the elevators. “Don’t worry babe, I’ll get to the bottom of this.” We get in the elevator and I press the ‘4’ button. I begin tapping my foot anxiously as I wait for the door to close.

“What if we’re sharing a room with your dad?”

“No, shut up. Don’t say things like that.”

I cannot handle being in the same room as my father for a week. Hell no.

Caleb keeps quiet as the door opens and I rush out, dragging my suitcase behind me. “Here!” I reach room 412 and pound on the door.

A second later it opens. “Ah, Reed! How nice it is to see you!” My dad smiles at me. “And this must be Caleb! It’s been so long. I didn’t get to see you last visit! You’re so grown up now!”

I roll my eyes. “Dad this is not the time for small talk. Why do we not have a room?”

“You have a room.”

“Apparently not according to the guy downstairs,”

“Well you obviously didn’t ask the right thing. Come in, unpack!”

“What?” I freeze, knowing what was about to happen but dreading it.

Dad puts a hand on my shoulder and grins. “We’re sharing!”

I'm so sorry this took forever...I just wasn't in the mood for it. 

I know this chapter is short but I figured it's better than nothing...

Vote, Comment, Follow cx