Chapter 6

The second simulation was today, and I could feel Four was finally going to talk to me. I was nervous for it because I wasn't sure what it would possibly be about.

Britt's name was called by Four, and when he scanned the room his eyes locked with mine. I rubbed my palms on the front of my pants, swallowing slowly.

"You okay?" Kaci asked. I just nodded. There was no need in telling her my problems. "I hate these. It was absolutely awful last time."

"Yeah. I had a fear that I never met you," Morgan stated and leaned forward to talk to Kaci.

They began talking, but I just zoned out. I tapped my fingers on my legs impatiently and glanced around at everyone in the room. I was paranoid for some reason. I wasn't even sure of what though.

Britt came out of the room and motioned for me to go in. She didn't look too shaken up, but it looked like she had been crying. She never talked to us about her fears. I gave her a faint smile then stood up.

I took a seat on the chair and impatiently waited for Four to turn around. Once he did I swallowed at the sight of the needle. I'm surprised that wasn't one of my fears.

"Okay, same old thing. Your fears should stay the same." He didn't even give me a countdown, he just stuck the syringe right in my neck.

I blacked out, then found myself in a random house, and I assumed it was the fire. I went through all my fears the same exact way I did the first time. I still felt the spiders crawling on me once I had gotten through the simulations.

Four had his back turned to me again. I started getting a sick feeling in my stomach, like I was going to throw up. I took slow, even breaths through my nose, making sure to keep my mouth sealed. That'd be extremely embarrassing if I threw up on Four. I couldn't even imagine.

"Okay," Four said at last and spun around in his chair. He stared at me a long time, his hands folded and a serious look on his face. But he always looked serious. "I want you to tell me the absolute truth. Can you do that?" I nodded quickly. "Did you--"

The door swung open, causing me to jump.

"Well what's going on here?" Eric questioned with a smug look on his face.

"What are you doing here, Eric?" Four asked, irritated, saying his name with pure hatred.

Eric laughed and crossed his arms. "I'm watching the rest of the simulations. You done here, Dove?"

I let me eyes shift back to Four, and he gave me a subtle nod. "See you tomorrow," I said quietly.

I shut the door behind me and rushed out of there. I didn't look at Kaci or Morgan, I was just so confused at everything. I needed to know what Four has to tell me.

≺≺≺≻≻≻

I skipped out on dinner and just wandered the halls most of the day. I found some interesting things and a bunch of places I could go to when I'm ever feeling stressed. Like the huge net initiates jump into on their first day.

After laying there for around an hour and watching the sunset, I kept walking around. I knew it was night, so I figured I wouldn't really find anyone.

At the end of the hallway I was walking in there was a door wide open. I could see there was a staircase, making me drawn to finding out where it led to.

I swiveled my head around, making sure that no one was following me before taking a step up the staircase. I went all the way up slowly, then came to another door. I figured it would be locked, but I tired anyway.