Chapter 12

"Okay," I drawled out after pulling away from his lips. I had my hands on his shoulders and I stared into his blue eyes and he stared into my brown ones. I smiled and started giggling softly. "Wanna play a game?"

"A game?" He repeated, sounding intrigued yet wary. "What kind of game?"

"Well I was just thinking about how we don't know much about each other," I started. "So how about we ask each other questions. We have to answer, and we must be honest."

Eric scrunched up his face. He seemed to be thinking about my proposal. I know he's a very secretive person. He doesn't share information about his past or his secrets or anything. And if what we have going on was possibly going to work out, I needed to know more about him.

"Come on," I coaxed. "You can ask first."

His eyes met mine again. After a few minutes, "okay, sure." I smiled and cheered, moving my sitting position so I had my legs crossed. I waited for his question with anticipation. "Are you a virgin?"

I scoffed and then started laughing. "Of course your question would be that," I laughed. "Well if you must know, yes I am." He rose his eyebrows at my answer, but really, look at me. Like I've had sex before. "I don't even have to ask you that question."

He laughed. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I shrugged with a smirk on my face. "What do you like to do for fun? Besides fighting and being mean and stuff?"

He even hesitated on this simple question. I can't even imagine if I asked him about his original faction or his family. "I like to draw."

"Really?" I asked excitedly. "Me too!"

He looked relived at my response. "My family really didn't listen to me as a kid so I usually drew."

"That's so cool," I whispered and looked at him closely. "You don't look like an artist."

Eric laughed and shook his head. "I wouldn't consider myself an artist." He paused for a moment. "What's your family like?"

I thought for a moment. "They're great. I have an older sister who's twenty-five, and a younger brother that's fourteen. They are very peaceful people," I answered, grinning. I really love my family. "So you know my fears. What is one of yours?"

He sighed. "You have to ask me that?" I nodded with a hopefully positive look on my face. I would never judge him. "I only had a few, but one fear is that my family is ashamed of who I am."

I wondered why he would be concerned of what his family thought of him when he just said they didn't listen to him, but I wasn't going to ask him that. I'd let him tell me that. Whatever the situation was, it was his business, and when he felt comfortable I know he'd tell me.

I bit my lip and waited for him to continue, but he never did. He just stared at me. "Okay," I breathed out. After a moment I reached forward and wrapped my arms around him. "Do you have a question for me?" I asked, but it was muffled by his shirt.

He seemed to understand me though. "Do you like being in Dauntless?"

I pulled away from his embrace. "I would be lying if I said I love it here, but I like it because you're here. And I like you, so."

His eyes lit up at my answer. He grabbed my hand. "Your turn."

I hummed as I thought of a question. "Ever been in love?" I wasn't too curious, but I figured this question wouldn't be as hard for him to answer as others.

"I've had two girlfriends before you," he answered. "But I never really loved them."

"Two girlfriends? Before me? Do you consider me as your girlfriend?" I asked cheekily.