Chapter 3

short chapter, i'll write more on the next one promise!

Chapter 3

The drive to the café seemed to just freeze Liam. He counted down the minutes and even seconds until the inevitable happens. He felt nervous, excited, but most of all anticipated meeting Sarah once again. Despite their history together and the abrupt ending, he wanted to see her again. Maybe for the last time, just so he can finally settle the feelings he still had for Sarah.

“Babe, are you okay?” Madeline asked from the passenger seat noticing how Liam seemed out of it and nervous.

Liam abruptly turned to face his fiancé and smiled, which didn’t fully reach his eyes. “I’m okay, just a bit jet lag I guess.”

Madeline nodded turning to facing the car window again, “We have so much to plan in the next few weeks. I still can’t believe we’re getting married.

“Well the wedding planners will be here next week,” Liam replied glancing at Madeline, “We just need to pick the location to set up the ceremony and reception.”

            “This town’s really beautiful Liam,” she replied still in awe of such a wonderful place. Madeline grew up in the city but loved the outdoors. She was a model and was now venturing into acting. She had met Liam two years ago at a movie premiere. She was attracted and so was he. They hit it off quickly with Liam proposing on their first anniversary. He had promised her that after a year they would finally set the wedding date, and as he promised, it was finally coming true.

            After a few minutes Liam finally reached the café. He quickly parked the car in the designated parking space. He quickly got off the car and headed towards Madeline’s side. Opening it quickly, she quickly got off, wrapped her hands with his, and both headed towards the cafeteria. As they neared Madeline couldn’t help but notice the sudden change in Liam. He stiffened as they stopped in front of the café. She quickly opened the door and stepped in the small yet very lovely café. Like the murals around town, the café was also filled with the same subjects. The figures of a boy and a girl filled the walls. From holding hands, hugging, and even kissing, the painting seemed to define young love. Madeline found it so intriguing and was in total amazement.

            “Liam,” Rosalie called as she made her way out of the kitched, “Madeline.”

            “Hey mom,” Liam called back.

            Rosalie smiled at his son, “Come on let’s find you both a seat.”

            Rosalie led the couple in the corner of the café by the window. The place was packed, but knowing his son would drop by reserved the perfect spot. Sarah still wasn’t back yet, which slightly disappointed Rosalie. She desperately wanted his son to see Sarah again.

            “What can I get you two?” She asked taking out her pen and pad, “We have the caramel Frappuccino special today. It consists of a light double-fudge chocolate cake and a nice cold Frappuccino.”

            “Ooohh I’d like that,” Madeline requested. She had a weakness for chocolate and hearing the special, she craved for it.

            “I’ll take a cup of coffee,” Liam ordered.

            Rosalie smiled, “Coming right up.” She headed for the counter to give the bartender the orders. She quickly plated the cake and also placed two pieces of Sarah’s famous white chocolate with macadamia nuts cookies. She made her way back to the couples table setting the cake on Madeline’s side and the cookies on Liam’s side.