Chapter 10

As promised to all here it is! VOTE AND COMMENT!!

Well enjoy everyone, I'll try to update more tomorrow! WHOOHOO!

 Chapter 10

Liam’s words struck Sarah. This was really happening. The words she wanted to hear so much have finally been said, but why did she feel so guilty? Why did her heart seem to twist in a hurtful way? Then it struck her, Madeline. Realizing what she had done, she quickly pulled away from Liam’s grasp.

“Y-you c-can’t love me Liam,” she stuttered seemingly unable to rationalize the events in her head.

“What’s wrong Sarah?” Liam questioned still feeling light headed from the kiss.

Sarah stared at the man she knew she still loved but couldn’t. He was engaged for Christ sake, she thought. Tears threatened to spill from her. She tried her hardest to compose herself, but miserably failing, “Liam, this is wrong. We shouldn’t be doing this. You’re engaged for Christ sake!”

“It was my fault Sarah,” Liam answered, “But I meant what I said, I do love you.”

“YOU CAN’T LOVE ME!” Sarah snapped, “Liam, take it back. Take those words back.”

Liam was stunned, “I can’t Sarah. I still love you.”

The tears that threatened to spill were freely flowing now. Her heart tingled in happiness at his words, but her brain told her it was wrong. Terribly wrong. “Liam, don’t love me. Please don’t.”

“WHY NOT?” Liam barked suddenly angry at Sarah’s denial.

“BECAUSE YOU’RE DAMN ENGAGED TO MADELINE, THAT’S WHY!” Sarah cried.

Liam flinched at Sarah’s sudden snappiness. Never in his life had he ever heard her yell that much. He couldn’t explain why she was so adamant about having him take back the words he had said to her. It was the truth, he loved her, and her rejection just trodden his heart into a million pieces. The sudden feeling of regret washed over him. He wanted to take back the proposal; Liam knew it was a mistake. He loved Madeline, but no matter how much he tried to fall in love with her, his heart seemed to snap close. He tried so hard, so very hard to love her the way he had loved Sarah, but even after all the time he had spent with her, only the thoughts of the woman standing in front of him now stayed. Liam thought being with another woman would rid him of the painful memories he had with Sarah, but in the end he was back, back to loving the girl he once hated. Yes, Liam had once hated Sarah.

“I’m sorry,” Liam uttered lifelessly, “It was my mistake. I didn’t mean it. I don’t love you.” Sarah stared; even though she had wanted him to take it back it still warped her heart. “This never happened. Don’t worry I won’t ever mention of this again.” Liam whispered, “I’ll go.” He didn’t wait for her response and swiftly exited her home. He felt broken.

Sarah stood very still facing the door. Liam had said those words, he made a mistake. Sarah wanted to feel joyful and thrilled but why did she feel so wretched? Feeling like the biggest asinine person in the world, Sarah made herself move. Sadly, as she made it back to her room, the tears would just not stop spilling. She closed the door and clasped the knob just to have something to clasp on to. Everything she had hoped to keep hidden seemed to just slip away. Everything she thought she needed to keep from Liam, seemed to float, disappear from her. She was supposed to be strong, robust in front of the man she had promised herself she would never be close with again. But what was she supposed to do now? Not only did he know she was sick, but had kissed her. He had embraced her. He had been there and will be there for her. The hands she had always felt safe around with had come back haunting her now. The only person she had let her guard down had been him, but with his circumstances now, what did that make her? She felt sinful—the worst possible person to be around with. She needed to stay away, far away from Liam, before she really loses it.