Chapter 6

To the fans of this story YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! I'M SUPER HAPPY AT THE COMMENTS YOU GUYS WRITE ON EVERY CHAPTER!! THANKS FOR THE VOTES TOO!!

I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE EVERONE'S OPINION ON THIS BOOK. MY HUSBAND SAYS THANKS TO YOU GUYS TOO!

Chapter 6

“Hello,” Madeline greeted as soon as she came into the kitchen. Everyone seemed to be in a serious conversation. She had noticed Sarah seemingly a bit flustered and Liam annoyed at her sudden presence. “What’s going on?”

“Nothing,” Sarah answered too quickly as she stood up from the recliner. She immediately headed towards Madeline, “We were just about to start dinner.”

Everyone still seemed a bit surprised but quickly composed themselves. Heather and Rosalie both felt a bit irritated at Madeline’s interruption. They desperately wanted Liam to know. Sarah was just glad Madeline had come on the right time.

“Mom, Aunt Rosalie,” Sarah called begging for them to just let the subject go. Both mothers stared and then nodded. She smiled and headed to the table. The rest followed her taking their individual seats. Liam surprisingly sat between Madeline and Sarah.

The dinner began silently because of the tension in the room. Liam knew they were hiding something from him, but seemed a bit frightened to bring the subject up again. Heather and Rosalie kept glancing at each other disappointment clear on their faces. The only pair that seemed to be getting along well were Jonathon and David.

“So Liam,” Jonathon started, “How’s the Hollywood life?”

“It’s been very busy,” Liam answered looking around the dinner table. Everyone seemed to have moved on now. “Just finished filming a new movie.”

“How long will you be staying in town for?” Heather couldn’t help but ask. Rosalie had informed her about the wedding he was planning on having in Smaulberry. “Oh and by the way congratulations on your engagement.”

“Thanks Heather,” Liam answered and glancing at Sarah at the same time. She had been quiet the whole time and seemed a bit nervous. “I actually requested to have at least a year of break. I’m exhausted and just want to settle down for a while.”

“In Smaulberry?” Sarah suddenly interrupted surprised by Liam’s announcement. She had hoped he wouldn’t stay that long. She knew it was wrong, but with him being around, her secret would be harder to keep.

“Yes, Madeline and I want to settle here,” Liam replied. The way Sarah had asked made Liam feel as if she didn’t want him around, which frankly hurt him. “After the wedding we were planning on buying a home close by.”

“Oh,” Rosalie joined. “That’s great news.”

“Yes,” Madeline added, “I know Liam misses Smaulberry and quite frankly this place is wonderful. It’s a perfect place to raise a family.”

Unbeknownst to everyone around the room Sarah was silently suffering. Hearing the words settling down and raising a family uncontrollably twisted her heart. She couldn’t deny the fact that not only was she disappointed but also jealous. Not only because Liam was settling with another woman, but the fact that she may not able to experience the futures the couple in front of her. She had always wanted to settle down and have a family, but with her current situation it may never be possible.

“Excuse me,” Sarah stated as she unexpectedly stood from her seat. Thinking too much about her situation seemed to just bring out the worse in her. Tears threatened to pour soon and all she wanted was to get away from everyone for a moment. Sarah practically ran to the bathroom while attempting to hide her face from the others. Why did she feel so weak all of a sudden? She never shed tears, even after finding out about her disease, but why was it like this now when Liam was around? Be strong Sarah, you have to be, she thought as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. Her eyes were a bit puffy and she seemed a bit paler now.