Chapter Three

ANNABEEEEETH!!!" I yelled as I ran towards her. I had to tell her the news but she texted back that she was at the park. So I thought "why not just bring the news to her?" so I ran all the way to the park until I saw her. I ran to her and hugged her. She seemed so confused it was almost funny. When I let go I showed her the letter I got in the mail.
"Why are you so excited all of a sudden?" She said with a smile.
"I GOT THE JOB I APPLIED FOR!"
"WHAT!? PERCY THATS GREAT!!!"
"I am now a lifeguard at Long Lake!" We ended up discussing this topic for about an hour until she got a text from her step mother saying she needed to come back home. I decided to walk her back so she wasn't walking alone. As we walked, we talked about other things, school, events, etc. I noticed that we were standing kind of close as we walked. Our hands brushed and I had the urge to hold her hand. But I knew that would just make it awkward for her. She seemed to have caught the message and decided to grab my hand anyways and smirked at me. Geez she was better at this than I was. Wait, better at what? I shouldn't think about it too much and just be happy that she even thought about it. My face went red so I turned my head so she couldn't see, but I'm sure she knew. Wise girl. I tried to carry on a conversation to clear the awkward tension, but I kept stuttering and my voice kept cracking. She just giggled at my nervous tendencies. At least she wasn't uncomfortable or letting go of my hand, so I'm doing something right, right? I need to stop overthinking the situation and just calm down. She's just holding my hand...and standing close to me. Don't let feelings take over! I'M A MAN!
"A man with feelings" Annabeth said with a smirk on her face. I was so confused.
"What? Did I say that out loud?"
"Yes, yes you did." Oh god. My face went as red as a tomato and she just giggled at me. Cute. We suddenly stopped, I snapped back into reality and realized we were at her door. I looked down saddened at the fact that our walk ended so quickly. She turned towards me and I tensed up a little.
"Thanks for walking me home Percy. I'm glad you got the job!" She said with a confused look on her face as if she was contemplating on something.
"Yeah anytime, I enjoy your comp-" I stop and realized what she had done. She kissed me on the cheek. I turned at least fifty shades of red, after she pulled away, she just stared at me for what seemed like eternity, and walked inside her apartment. I stood there, 'What just happened?' I looked up towards the gorgeous clear sky, laughed then headed back to my apartment. My face was still pink, so when I walked back inside, my mother smiled at me with a devious smile.
"What?" I asked
"Your face is all pink! My little boy is so grown up!" She walked over and gave me a hug. I couldn't breathe.
"M-mom! She's just a friend!"
"Whatever you say..." she says as she walked towards the kitchen. I sat on the couch and stared at the letter. I actually got a job.. And a kiss which was quite unexpected. I'm not quite sure what that kiss meant, but hopefully I'll know soon. I guess my job starts tomorrow!