Chapter Eight

CHAPTER 8
Piper's POV

    As I was driving home, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. There was so much going through my mind as I drove home. I haven't had a date like that in years! It felt special. Natural. Real. It's almost as if I found where the next puzzle piece goes to becoming closer to feeling...well, complete. I kept thinking of his adorable little quirks he had. He was so easily flustered, and his nervous feelings stood out. It was so cute. The fact that a simple coffee date turned into something that felt so special, and that I never wanted to leave his side. Wait, don't get ahead of yourself McClean. We've only had one date! Sure, it was magical, but I still gotta stay focused. Even if he was classy...and polite....and sweet...SNAP OUT OF IT! Focus. Don't go too fast, you'll scare him away. Just, maybe think about something else. I turned on the radio to clear my head...it didn't help that every station plays love songs. A sweet sounding love song was playing and the lyrics didn't exactly help me get my mind off of Jason.

In the morning when I wake
And the sun is coming through,
Oh, you fill my lungs with sweetness,
And you fill my head with you.

Shall I write it in a letter?
Shall I try to get it down?
Oh, you fill my head with pieces
Of a song I can't get out.

Can I be close to you?
Ooh-oo-oo-ooh, oo-

I quickly turned off the radio before my face was as red as a tomato. I had it bad. I knew that Jason was only visiting California and lives in New York which is GREAT! Considering I live there as well and I am only here for my flight attendant job until I get back to my actual apartment. They cancelled the flight back to New York due to the snow being bad there and had to cancel them for the past 2 weeks. So at least its not like this is the only time I will ever see him. I made it to my hotel room and put in my key card to get in. As soon as I walked in, I quickly changed into some comfortable shorts and t-shirt and fell on my bed. I was about to fall asleep until I heard a buzz from my phone. I grabbed it to see who messaged me and I saw it was from Jason. My heart started to beat a little faster as I opened the message.
To: Piper McClean, From: Jason Grace
"Did you drive home safely? Tonight was a wonderful night and I would like to take you out to lunch again. Of course, if you feel the same. Sweet Dreams :)"
Sent at 10:47pm 11/17/13 CA, Bakersfield

He texted me just to make sure I got home safe? That is SO sweet!! He sounds so flustered even over text message. Wow. I did have it bad. But it looks like we will be going out again sometime soon. I'm already looking forward to it. I texted back:

"I did get home safely! That's so sweet you asked. And yes, I would love to go out on another date with you! And...Thank you, for the wonderful night. Goodnight :)"

I put my phone down and fell asleep with a smile on my face.

1 MONTH LATER

    Jason and I were sitting in Starbucks (back in NY now) with beanies, sweaters and mittens on trying to warm up from the cold weather outside. Jason for some reason looked a little nervous. We have been going on more dates since we got back to New York and it has been wonderful! But he looked more nervous than ever...unless he was just shivering from the cold but it was hard to read his facial expression. I was starting to worry. I gently placed my hand on top of his on the table and made direct eye contact with him.
"You seem nervous. Is something wrong?" I asked gently. His face turned pink and I couldn't help but crack a smile.
"W-well, actually, I had something to ask you. I-i've had the best times of my life w-with you. I wanted to ask if..." He trailed off as if running over his words in his head over and over. The tension was strong and my heart is beating so fast.
"If...you wanted to be my girlfriend." He finished, staring into my eyes. My whole body froze. He wants me to...be his girlfriend? Me? I was so happy and I almost felt like crying. I realized I haven't said a word for probably a whole minute.
"I-I mean, if you don't I totally understand, uh.." he quickly said scratching the back of his head.
"No no, I do! I would love to be your girlfriend. Um, yes. I do. I was just caught by surprise." I said with a smile. He smiled back, all the tension in his posture was gone and his face looked relieved. Content. Happy.
"Really? I'm so happy!" He said. We stared at each other with so much joy in our eyes. It felt so comfortable. So loving. So....natural.
"Me too"

BACK AT THE BONFIRE

    "-after that, we somewhat just stayed together. Of course we had arguments like any normal couple, but I remember when we met like it just happened yesterday." Piper said, while looking at Jason. Everyone beside Leo and Nico looked so interested in the story. They had that "That's so adorable" look on their faces. Leo had a smug look on his face. He already knew this story considering he was friends with Piper at the time when Her and Jason met. Nico just looked plain bored with all the affection and love being passed all around.
"You guys are so cute together! It all sounded so natural for you!!" Hazel said
"I guess you could say that" Jason replied
There was a moment of awkward silence for a while. Percy coughed to clear the tension.
"Speaking of love stories, Hazel! How did you and Frank end up together?" Percy asked. Nico perked up after hearing this. He quickly glared at Frank.
"Yaaah, how did you 'end up' with my sister?" Nico smirked as Frank suddenly looked very nervous and scared under his glare. Hazel looked back at Nico with an amused look on her face. Nico can be very protective over his half sister. It was the only family he had left.
"Um, well, a-as long as Hazel is ok with talking about it, We'd be g-glad to um, share." Frank said nervously.
"Oooooh I wanna know!" Leo quickly added.
"Well...Alright" Hazel responded. "It was 2 years ago, and I was invited with a couple friends to go to the zoo..."

*BOOM!! SOMEWHAT LONGER CHAPTER!  Like I ensured it would get longer, hope you guys enjoy! Love Ya!*