Chapter Ten

Frank and I ended up talking to each other for hours, until I realized it was almost 7pm. I soon remembered how my friends brought me here and that I had been lost.
"I just remembered, my friends who brought me here abandoned me to go look at other animals and I was lost. My phone is dead and they still haven't come back for me." I said. He looked a little surprised.
"Oh, well, I have a phone if you nee-" He was interrupted by a loud scream from behind me.
"HAZEEEEL!!!! THERE YOU ARE!! WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU!" My friends ran up to me and hugged me.
"You guys left when I was reading a description in front of the giraffes." I said with a glare. My friends suddenly saw who I was talking to and smiled.
"Who's thiiiis? Is my little Hazel finally growing up!?" One yelled. I have a gut feeling they are drunk. My face heated up with embarrassment.
"Guys, lets just go home." I started to turn around while pushing my friends toward the exit. I stopped and turned back to Frank.
"Oh, and thank you, for talking to me today. You are a wonderful person and I hope to see you again." He smiled. I turned back and pushed my friends towards the exit and drove them home. I could smell their alcohol breath and it was awful. I had 2 giggly girls in my car coming home from the zoo. THE ZOO! Why are they drunk at a ZOO!? Was there a bar at the zoo? Or some restaurant that happened to sell alcoholic beverages? I didn't wanna know. After I got them into their apartment, I went back to my car and drove home. I changed into my pajama pants and a tank top and hopped into bed. I was exhausted. But it was an amazing night. I had taken a break on studies to relax, I got to see some cool animals, and talk to a clumsy yet very polite and charming man. Wait, what? No no, don't fall for that. Sure he's cute, and polite, and makes me happy, but I can't fall for that trick again. Nope. I decided I should just go to sleep.
    The next morning, I realized it was Sunday. No classes today. I had the whole day to myself, to study. I walked over to my desk and opened my textbook and notes. I spent the next 2 hours studying. Or at least, trying to. I couldn't concentrate, my mind kept leading over back to Frank. I didn't understand why. I decided I needed fresh air, so I went out for a walk. I tried to clear my head so I could focus but I couldn't. He was still on my mind. I wanted to see him again. I don't understand why, but I do. My feet led me back to the zoo. I didn't even mean for that to happen, it was absentmindedly. Well, if I actually wanted to see him again, I guess this is the only way. I walked in and made my way towards the penguins. I saw Frank feeding the penguins and smiled.
"FRANK" I shouted. He jumped, but surprisingly didn't fall this time. I laughed a little and waved. He started to walk over towards me.
"Oh, hey Hazel. You're back! Came to see the penguins again?" He smiled.
"Uh yeah, actually, I came to see you" I said quickly before I could change my mind. His face turned pink.
"M-me? What for?"
"Well, I had a really fun time talking with you yesterday. I wanted to see if maybe you wanted to hang out sometime. I mean, if you wanted to." I waited for his response. His face turned into a darker shade of red.
"Um, I-I would love to, yes, t-that would be awesome! Um, should I get your phone number?" He asked.
"Oh, yeah of course." He handed me his phone and I put down my name and number and handed it back.
"So, um I'll see you then!" He said
"Great! Um, text me when you're able to chat! Um, it was really nice seeing you Frank."
"It was really nice seeing you too Hazel. You don't know how happy that makes me feel."
Now my face was heating up.
"I-I'm glad. I'll see you later Frank! Bye!" I said as I left. I felt so happy I could skip home...I didn't do that of course but I COULD. Later on at 7:30pm, I got a text.

"Hey Hazel, it's Frank! :)"

I texted back and we started making plans for when we meet up. Outside of the zoo of course. I couldn't wait...