Chapter Twelve

*Geez guys I'm sorry I haven't updated in god knows how long, so you lot will get a triple update, hope you beautiful people enjoy*

Hazel's POV

Frank and I were in the car, on our way to go swing dancing. I was so excited, I haven't gone swing dancing for a long time, and I was glad to start dancing again. I was wearing a red and white polka dot dress and and red headband. I noticed Frank dressed nicely for the occasion which had me wondering, how he knew what to wear. I must have underestimated him. On the way there, there was an awkward silence between us. Maybe dancing as a first date was kind of fast. Was it? I'm overthinking it. Just relax, its gonna be great. After 15 minutes of awkward silence, we made it. Frank held the door for me as I walked in. As we walked in, we saw all these lights, all the people dancing and twirling, the upbeat music playing. It looked magical. Just watching them dance looked so fun, as they twisted and twirled. My face lit up and I couldn't stop smiling. I looked at Frank and he looked nervous. I'm hoping he's not gonna have a bad time, otherwise I would feel bad. A date is supposed to fun to both people, if only I enjoyed it, I would feel guilty and would make things awkward between us. As we walked in, we took a seat at a table by the dance floor just to chat. We were talking about how he takes care of the penguins until he suddenly stopped talking in the middle of his sentence. 'I know this song' I thought. Apparently he did to because he smiled and looked at me.

"Let's go dance!" He said as he grabbed my hand.

"W-what? Okay!" He grabbed my hands and we started to dance and the upbeat music. He seemed like he knew what he was doing because he seemed to know a whole routine. Luckily I caught on to what he was doing, and swayed along with him. We twisted and turned and it felt magical and free. I was having so much fun and I didn't want it to end. When the song ended, our faces were just inches from each other. We stared for what felt like minutes and I smiled. We walked off the dance floor over to our table and sat across from each other.

"Where did you learn to dance like that? That was amazing!" I said. His face became pink.

"W-well, my mother used to take me to dancing classes for some reason so I knew how to swing dance since I was 12. It's kind of embarrassing."

"Don't be embarrassed, this was the best night I've had in years! You seem like a natural and you looked happy!" He smiled at that comment. He placed his hand on top of mine and we just kind of stared at each other. It felt, magical. We snapped back into reality when the waiter came by to take our order. We ordered our food and then we just talked for a while.

"So, Hazel. I, um..." He said. I was suddenly feeling nervous but maybe because he looked nervous.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I, uh, really like you. A lot, and I hope you feel the same. I was wondering if possibly, we could go out again. B-but, only if you want to! I don't wanna pressu-"

"I'd love to!" I interrupted him. Whoops. He smiled again so at least I said the right thing. He was so cute. I can't wait for what might happen in the next dates if they are just as fun and magical as this one.

BACK AT THE BONFIRE

"-after that, we just ended up staying together. I still love every minute of it" Hazel finished. Frank and Hazel smiled at each other.

"So Frank slipping on ice and being surrounded by penguins created your chemistry?" Leo said, while snickering. Everyone laughed, It was kind of true. There was an awkward silence until Piper chimed in and asked Leo

"What about you? I've never heard anything about relationships from you." Leo's smile suddenly faded.

"Well, I never really was given a chance by many girls so no one really."

"WHAT!? I'm gonna find someone for you! Because, I'm the coolest friend"

"Um, please don't Piper"

"Why not Leo? She is kind of the expert" Hazel chimed in. Nico and Reyna both started to look uncomfortable. Leo just snickered.

"I'm fine, really. When the time comes, it will."

"That's not stopping me" Piper said. Everyone looked at Reyna and Nico.

"You guys too. I know people who would be GREAT with you!" Nico looked shocked and almost annoyed. Imagining Piper set up Nico with another boy was just scary to think about considering Nico and Piper didn't know each other too well. Reyna on the other hand was laughing.

"I appreciate the thought Piper, but I'm ok on my own. I'm a strong independant woman, I don't need someone in my life to feel satisfied."

"That's not stopping me either." Piper added. Everyone laughed except for Nico. Nico snuck out and went home.

"Welp, its getting really late so I think we should all head home. Looks like Nico already got a head start." Everyone started to walk home and went to sleep, thinking about the stories told at the fire.