Chapter Thirteen

Leo's POV

2 weeks after the bonfire, Piper and Jason came over to hang out. Piper said she had some gift for me so I was really excited. We just all talked about high school and other stuff from the past. After a while, Piper handed me an envelope with a smiley face sticker on the front.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"Open it!" Piper shouted. I ripped open the envelope to see what was inside. I couldn't believe what I saw!

"PIPER!"

"No need to thank me bro."

"You got me a TICKET TO THE IRONWORKERS CONVENTION" I was so excited, I almost couldn't breathe. There was even a plane ticket for Germany so I could get there.

"Piper, Thank you so much! But, why did you get this for me?"

"You seemed so stressed lately, with you working all the time. You looked tired and almost miserable." Piper said.

"So I remembered that convention you mentioned a while ago. Piper and I chipped in, Piper pulled a few strings from her past co-workers at the airport for the plane ride, and then we got you the ticket." Jason added. I was gonna start crying. I ran over and hugged them in the tightest hug I have ever given anyone.

"THANK YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!"

"We love you too Leo but we CAN'T BREATHE" Piper yelled. I let go of them and just looked at my amazing friends. They care about me. I was so happy.

The day Leo left for the convention

"Bye guys! I'll see you guys soon!" I shouted as I got on the plane. I was so excited, this was a dream come true. I sat in my seat and sat patiently for the next 9 hours. Once I got off the plane, I grabbed my suitcase and headed to my hotel room to sleep. I couldn't believe I was in Germany! For the convention of my DREAMS! I never thought this would ever happen. I checked into my room and headed to floor 9. Once I entered my room, I changed and hopped into bed. I couldn't stop thinking about all the amazing things I will see tomorrow. After a while, I fell asleep.

The Next Day: Day 1 of Convention

I woke that morning exhausted but very excited. I rolled over to check the clock, 7:27am, after a couple minutes of my mind and body fighting, I got up and walked into the bathroom to get a shower. Once I was finished showering and getting dressed, I walked out of my room and downstairs to the lobby, where I was stop by something, no someone catching my eye. She had stunning almond colored eyes, and gorgeous caramel colored hair that fell down her back. I stood there for a while just staring out her, until I snapped out of it remembering why I was here. Stay focused Valdez. I walked over to grab some food at the complimentary breakfast buffet and sat and ate my food peacefully. After finishing my food, I asked the lady at the front desk for directions to the convention, once I got them I realized that I could just walk there, so I did. Once I got there I walked in and gazed at the sites like a kid in a candy store. I could smell the oil and feel the excitement all around me. Once I finished fanboying over everything around me, I decided to venture farther into the convention finding amazing inventions, vehicles and much more. I saw something that interested me and started to walk over, as soon as it was in sight I felt my heart rate picking up and my face starting to get hot. 'What is she doing here?' I thought frantically, remembering her beautiful facial features that caught my eye earlier today. 'Alright calm down Valdez she's just a very attractive girl that's WAY out of your league' I thought to myself finally picking up my feet and walking over to where she was standing. I took a deep breathe and got a smell of her, 'was that firewood? No that's Cinnamon. Wait, don't smell her.' I thought as my mind started to bite its arm off. I sighed 'I guess I should at least speak to her', I took a deep breath and spoke up.