Chapter 9

When they got to the park, Neveah and Phillip sat down at a nearby bench facing the parks play house. Rory ran up the stairs to the jungle gym. She didn’t want to start a conversation first. This whole thing was new to Neveah. Last night was definitely new to her when she slept with Phillip.  Of course she slept in bed with Dawayne when they conceived but that was the last time she has been with a man. To some extent, it disturbed her how comfortable she was lying next to him and in his arms. When she woke up this morning and found that the spot next to her was vacant she couldn’t stop her heart from beat so fast.

“Look ma,” Phillip began. He couldn’t take the silence between them any longer, “I'm sorry if I’m moving to fast with you, I just feel something with you and I know you feel it too. Neveah I know you might be scared as hell and I kind of am too but I'm not gonna let whatever you're afraid of ruin what could potential be great between us. I understand that your main priority right now is Rory but what about you? When was the last time you did something for yourself?"

During the process of Phillip took her hand. Neveah looked at their entwined hands and genuinely thought about his questions. The last time Neveah did something for herself was before she had Rory and that was so long ago and it was understandable because she had become a single mother.

Neveah looked at Phillip and like always falling into those seas of chocolate.

"The last time I did something for myself was so long ago, but I'm a mother now and you should know I will always put Rory ahead of myself. He’s my pride and joy and if I have to skip a few meals to feed him, take the clothes off my back to put on his then I’ll do just that.”

Thud... both Neveah and Phillip looked up to see where that noise came from. It didn't take them long to see Rory on the ground holding is arm and bleeding from the leg. Both of them hurried  over to him but Phillip was faster. He crotch down to Rory’s level. "Hey little man what happened?"

Through Rory's crying he was able to understand that he had fell off the monkey bars. Meanwhile, Neveah was so distraught that her baby fell and blood running down his leg. Before she could even bend down to him, Phillip picked Rory up in his  arms and began to walk them to his Range Rover. After placing Rory in his booster seat, Phillip helped Neveah inside the truck, then made his way to his side.

After a long ride to the emergency room and waiting the see a doctor for an hour, the group finally made it home. By that time, Rory was passed out because of his slight pain medication that the doctor prescribe to him. Rory was fine, nothing sprained or broken, he was just in a lot of pain because of the fall. Phillip was kind of weary about the clinic that he took them too but that would have to do for today because neither Neveah nor Rory had benefits. That would all change once Neveah was working for him.

Once at home, Phillip carried Rory up to his room while Neveah stayed downstairs and plopped down on the couch, putting her arm over her eyes. Today was was suppose to be a stressful free day but instead it turned out absolutely terrible. Well the only thing that was actually horrible was the fact that her baby was hurt and in pain. She would do anything that would take that pain away but she guess the medication given by the doctors would step in instead. Once she saw Rory she panic and couldn’t stop the constant questions that she had for the doctor.