Prologue

“Damn baby you put it down like you love a nigga,” Dawayne said to Neveah after they had an intense sex session.

“Thats because I do love you Wayne baby,” Neveah said while snuggling up to Dawayne, looking  at him expectantly. It was a big step for her. To actually tell someone other than her family that she loved them. Neveah wanted to tell him before they made love but she never felt like it was the right time.When she told him now she felt him tense up a little but only thought it was a result  from her squeezing him to hard.

After thinking about how he was going to get out of this Dawayne replied with, “Baby I love you too”.

Neveah couldn’t believe it, after tripping over all the frogs she had finally found her prince“ really Dawayne, do you really mean it?”.

Dawayne had already dug himself in a hole so he thought he might as well keep digging. “Of course I mean it baby, I love you with all my heart and I promise I’ll always be there for you, I love you girl.”. After they confessed their love for each other they had sex again. Neither of them took time to acknowledge the fact that there was no protection used.

  Weeks passed and Neveah thought Dawayne was being distant and asked him about it just to satisfy her curiosity. When she asked him about it he told her that he was just busy with track, school, and work. Neveah believed him so she never thought twice about what he had told her.

That Friday he told her he was working. Neveah thought she would just stay home and study for a test she had on Monday anyways. Instead a friend of her’s, Naomi convinced her to go to the big rival football game.

   “Naomi, girl you know I could be studying rather than sitting out here in the cold with you.” Neveah said to Naomi as they were looking for seats in the bleachers.

“Yeah , yeah , whatever how bout we sit up there?” Naomi asked while pointing to an empty spot.

Neveah agreed and they walked up the bleachers. She thought it was a good spot until she saw Dawayne, and he wasn't alone. Arms wrapped around the school's notorious slut, Kennicia. She was the main reason why relationships at their high school always ended. She just had to have everybody. Neveah was surprised that Kennica hadn’t got her ass beat yet since it was senior year.

Neveah almost had the courage to step to Dawayne and cuss him out but she wasn't the type to sweat no nigga. She was about to walk back down the bleacher but Naomi stopped her by grabbing her hand and walking right by the two.

"Dawayne!" Naomi exclaimed. Neveah looked around and noticed that her friend caused a scene. She put her head down in embarrassment. "What the hell are you doing?"

Dawayne looked up at Naomi and didn't even pay attention to Neveah. "What the fuck you talking bout, yo?" He asked.

"You know what the hell I'm talking bout Dawayne," Naomi said. "Why in the hell are you all hugging and kissing on this slut," she pointed to Kennicia, " when your girlfriend is right here!"

Dawayne finally acknowledged Neveah presence. He looked at her, his eyes showing no emotions. "I don't know what the fuck you talking bout," he said harshly. "Kennicia is my girl."

That hurt. To say that Neveah was heart broken was an understatement. It shattered into a thousand little pieces. She still didn't speak up. What could she say? Or ask him? It was clear as day that he played her. So Neveah refused to beg him or even talk to him again.

"You ain't no good!" Naomi yelled.

Neveah heard enough! She shook her head and ran down the bleachers. Making her way to her car, she got in and left. When she finally got home her mother asked her what was wrong but all Neveah did was run to her room without a word and cried herself to sleep.

A couple days later, Neveah was on her bed doing her homework. All she could think about was Dawayne. She couldn't believe after all that went down at the football game, she still loved him, but she would never fall in love again. She  learn first hand that love was definitely a myth.

She continued to do her homework until her mother came in her room telling her that dinner was ready.

"Come on sweetheart, before it gets co-"

Neveah didn't hear the rest of what her mother, Marcella, said. She was too busy on her way to her bathroom and to the toilet. She got to her knees and all the contents that was in her stomach was now in the toilet. When she was done, she flushed the toilet and washed her mouth out. What she didn't know was that her mother was right behind her staring at her through the mirror.

"Neveah?" Marcella hesitantly asked.

"Huh?"

"Are you pregnant?" She asked quietly, trying not to alarm her husband.

"What? Mom, no!" Neveah proclaimed. "I have to have se-"

Neveah stopped in her tracks. Just when she was about to tell her mother she never had sex, it wasn’t  the truth. The only time she did have sex was with Dawayne.

Unprotected sex.

Neveah turned around to face her mom. A tear threaten to escape her eyes as she looked at the woman who she knew she disappointed. "Mommy," Neveah began to sob.

Marcella pulled her daughter in her arms and held her tight. She made a mental note to contact their doctor for an appointment. She rocked Neveah back and forth, soothing her as she continued to cry in her arms.

"Shh, it's going to be ok," Marcella reassured her.

Minutes passed  and the two were still in the bathroom. Neveah was nervous and scared. Since clearly her and Dawayne was over, she had a feeling that he wouldn't step up. He probably wouldn't even believe her. Neveah didn't care. He would make his decision once he found out and with or without him, she was going to be there for her baby.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N:

END OF PROLOGUE:)

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK