Chapter 1 (Edited)

"Mom, will you please stop talking?" I asked.

"You're leaving for college," She said.

"I'm eighteen, I just graduated so let me be free," I mocked begged.

"You've never been away from home," My mother kept on going, an expression of worry on her face.

"Too bad it's the same college as my two brothers," I retorted.

"You'll live, Cameron," She said and I rolled my eyes.

"We gotta go," I said. "I'm not fighting some preppy girl for a room." I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed her tightly. I walked back inside and picked up Kali from her walker. "I'm gonna miss you most of all; don't drive mama crazy." I kissed the top of her head and walked back out. "Bye mama." I kissed my mother's cheek and got in my car, waving as I pulled out.

The drive away from home and to my new life was short. I didn't really pay attention to the scenery as I was singing along to the radio the entire drive.

I pull into the UCLA parking lot, feeling a wave of determination; this is it. Here's to finally being on my own. Getting out of my car, I put my phone in my bra and think about how I'm gonna take all my bags to my new dorm by myself. I huffed; I should've asked one of my brothers to help. Gathering my strength, I throw my gym bag over by shoulders and lug my two suitcases towards the entrance.

It takes me a moment to find my dorm room, but hey at least I found it before some other person. I set my bags aside as I walked in. 

Looking around I saw a flat screen T.V, bean bags, a futon and some other decor. The door opens and I turn around, scrunching my face up when I saw three sweaty but cute boys standing in the doorway.

"Um, what're you doing in my dorm room?" I asked, suspicious.

"Unless your name is Cameron, then I'm afraid you're in the wrong room, sweetheart," the brown-eyed boy winked at me. I decided call him Hershey's. 

"My name is Cameron, or else I wouldn't be here," I said, my eyes going from boy to boy.

"Well in that case, we're your new dorm mates," Hershey's smirked at me.

"No, you're not; you're boys," I said. "I'm not sharing a dorm with boys."

"What's wrong with boys?" The quiet, green-eyed boy behind the other two piped up. I had to lean to the side to see him.

"Doesn't matter," The blue-eyed one spoke up, the clear leader of the trio. "Cammy has to share the dorm room with us either way."

"Don't call me Cammy," I snapped. Who the hell thought it'd be a good idea to put a girl with three other guys? "And I'm going to get this straightened out." I started to leave but the leader pushed me back. "Don't touch me."

"You're not talking to the D.A," He instructed. I scoffed.

"I'll talk to whoever I want," I said.

"You are warned, Cammy," He said and I gritted my teeth. I walked past them and headed towards the DA's office.

"Come in," A guy said lazily and I opened the door. He looked at me and stood up. "Who are you?"

"Cameron Monroe, I'm sharing a dorm-"

"Yeah, whatever," he said. "One more strike and you'll go." What?

"What? I just got here," I said, shocked.

"Bye," He said and pushed me out and shut the door. I flailed my arms and stormed down the hall, bumping into a girl in my annoyance.

"I'm sorry," She apologized. I just stared at her; she was really pretty. "I'm Sloane."