Chapter 12

I woke up and I saw Jake's bed was empty, I got up and I walked out. The guys were chilling on the couch, except Jake.

"Hey sleepyhead," Sam said. "Wanna watch some TV before class?"

"Where's Jake?" I asked.

"He left this morning," Braxton said. "Something about meeting up with someone."

"Oh," I said trying to hide my disappointment.

"What's wrong?" Sam asked.

"Jake and I kissed," I said.

"What? When?" Braxton asked.

"Last night," I said and laughed. "I can't believe I fell for it." I sat on the couch.

"Cameron, don't jump to conclusions," Sam said.

"Has he ever has a girlfriend?" I asked.

"No," Braxton said.

"Exactly," I said. "You know what? I don't even care."

"Cam-"

"I gotta get ready for class," I said and walked back to the room.

~

I was sitting on the couch when the guys walked in.

"What's up?" Jake asked but I ignored him. "Um hello?"

"Can you see that I'm busy?" I asked harshly.

"Ok grouch," he said.

"I have every right to be like this," I snapped. "Just because you're such an asshole."

"Well damn, who pissed you off?" He asked.

"You, you idiot," I snapped. "You left without a word about what happened. You act like it didn't happen."

"Cameron, it's not that serious," he said.

"Play any girl you want, but I wouldn't date you even if you were the last person on earth," I snapped and looked away.

~*~

I woke up and I groaned, I climbed out of my bed and I stretched. I pulled on some shorts and I walked out to where Sam and Braxton were.

"Hey," I said, but they ignored me. "What's wrong with guys?"

"What you did to Jake was wrong," Sam said.

"Are you serious?" I asked. "I'm trying to protect myself from getting hurt, and dating is the number was to do it."

"Well congratulations," Sam said. "You feel better?" The door suddenly opened and Jake walked in, he was sweaty and I could tell he had been exercising.

He got a water and went straight to the dorm room without looking at any of us.

"Great going, Cam," Braxton said. "Real good job."

~

I walked out and the guys were watching a movie, Godzilla. It was dark but there was only space between Sam and Jake. I walked over and sat down.

You remember in elementary school, you got in trouble for holding hands. So you would hide them, that's what happened to me.

Jake intertwined his fingers with mine and they stayed between us. I could've pulled away, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I liked it, the affection from it. I yawned and I laid my head back, I fell over and laid on Jake's arm. He didn't move me away,