Chapter 11

It's been awkward between Jake and I since the moment we had. I just couldn't get it out of my head, it was like it was on replay.

I walked up to the dorm room and I turned my music off. I walked to the dorm room opening the door and immediately regretted it.

Jake was in the bed with a girl, my eyes snapped shut and I shut the door. I walked out and went to the elevator. How stupid can I honestly be?

~

Sam, Braxton, and I were in the living room watching Instructions Not Included. Jake walked in but I didn't look at him.

"Hey what's up?" Sam asked doing their bro shake.

"Nothing much," he said. "Hey Cameron."

"Hey," I said low eating another handful of popcorn.

"You ok?" He asked and I looked at him.

"As good as I can be when I walked in you and some random girl hooking up," I said.

"There's something called knocking," he said.

"You're an asshole, you know that, right?" I asked.

"Woah, who peed in your cornflakes?" He asked.

"I finally let someone in, and stupidly, I let it be you," I said. "You think I'm some puppet to play with but you got another thing coming Parker."

"You're new here but you've been here long enough to know, hooking up with girls is kinda my thing," he said.

"Is that where this is going?" I asked. "That pathetic promise so you could be the one to take my virginity away?"

"What? No, I wouldn't do that to you," he said and I scoffed.

"I wouldn't believe it for a second," I said. "But you'll regret it one day."

"You know nothing about me," he said.

"You're right," I said. "I hope I never find out."

~*~

I grabbed my bikini and walked to the bathroom, I stripped and I put on the black cross over bikini. I braided my hair into a fishtail braid and walked out.

I saw Sloane holding Kali, she had on a bathing suit cover and a bucket hat. Sloane had on a strapless bikini.

I walked out and the guys looked at us.

"Beep! Bring that ass back," Sam said and we walked to them. "Where do you think you're going dressed like that?"

"The beach," I said. "Full of hot guys."

"Yeah, hormonal guys," Braxton said.

"So?" Sloane asked.

"You're taking a baby," Sam said.

"Yeah," I said.

"Ok, get out of here," Sam said, we walked out and we got to my car. Sloane hooked Kali in and we got in, I drove to the beach. We got out and I got out the beach bag, Sloane got Kali out and we walked on the beach. Of course we got stares from guys. I slipped on my sunglasses and I laid out a blanket.

I tickled Kali and she laughed.

"I missed you," I said and she smiled showing her two teeth. Suddenly a ball landed on our blanket and Kali looked at it. She picked it up and it was about the size of her. She was about to eat it and I move it away.

"I see you got my ball," I heard a too familiar voice. I looked up at Jake.

"You've got to be kidding," I said, Sam and Braxton ran up behind him. "Can I get one day without you guys?"