Chapter 9

Jake's POV

"Play two," I said and dealt the cards. The door opened and Cameron walked in.

"What's up, Cam?" Sam asked.

"If a guy is mad at you, how do you make it better?" she asked.

"Give him h-"

"What happened?" Braxton asked shooting me a look, I rolled my eyes.

"I just made Jace mad and I wanna say sorry," She said.

"Then say sorry," Sam said. "We're not that complicated."

"Ok, bye guys, I'll be back later," she said and left.

"You know, Cameron is really pissed at you," Sam said.

"Samuel, I don't care," I said. "You ever hear a girl cry over some asshole?"

"Yeah," he said.

"They're annoying and I'm not having Cameron like that," I said.

Cameron's POV

"Two mochas," I said.

"For you and Jake?" Carmen asked.

"No, it's actually me and my boyfriend," I said and waited, I was checking my phone for messages.

"Cameron," someone called and I grabbed the two mochas, I walked out to my car and got in. I drove to the fraternity house where Jace stayed. I got out and I walked in, I've been here so many times. I could hear the guys yelling in the lounge room, I walked in.

"Hey, where's Jace?" I asked.

"Upstairs," Isaiah said, I turned and I walked upstairs, this house was nasty. They are guys after all. I walked to Jace's room and walked in.

"Jace, I-" I stopped in my footsteps, Jace was in his bed but not alone. He jumped up.

"Cameron," he said, I tried to speak but the words weren't coming out. I dropped the drinks and I ran out and down the stairs. "Cameron wait!" I was already out and in my car, I sped out and I didn't know what to feel. Anger? Hurt? What now?

I got back to the campus and I got out, I went up to the dorm room and walked in. It was empty, I went to the room and Jake was laying on his bed.

"Sam, not now," he said.

"Why do you have to be right?" I asked and he looked at me, he got off the bed and walked to me.

"What?" He asked.

"Why do you have to be so stupid you're right?" I asked.

"Cameron, you're not making sense," he said and smirked, I don't know what went over me but I pushed his face.

"Guys are such jerks!" I yelled and pushed him, I kept hitting him. "You couldn't just let me happy, no you just had to be r-" I couldn't finished before he pinned me against the wall with just one hand. He was stronger than I thought, he gripped my shirt and got in my face.

"You're really walking on a thin piece of ice with me Cameron Monroe," he hissed. "You're gonna learn not to fucking hit me." I couldn't move, my eyes stayed with his blue eyes. His face didn't soften but he let me go. "Now why in the hell are you coming in here hitting me?"

"Jace cheated on me," I mumbled.

"What?" He asked.

"Jace cheated on me," I said louder. "Ok? You were right, he was after one thing and I didn't give it to him." I looked down.