Chapter Twenty-One; On The Road Again

A/N: This probably has the best improvement(s) I have made in this story. So this is my plausible favorite chapter...

I have realized that this w h o l e story has some undeveloped shit. So let's get some shit straight.

Marceline likes John and Austin. Both non POC. Both really care for her. She does not change because of those two. No. I am sick of stories of an amazing female lead is turned into some miraculous badass. Marceline was always a badass. They did not unlock that personality. She did. This is her life. She is in control. She knows she is cool as fuck. She never wanted to even go to that dumb study event.

My braces coming off are so weird to me. Smiling would be fun if I didn't look like an egg. Wearing a retainer feeling like plastic underwear for your teeth. J f c my bottom retainer comes out easily and I feel I will choke on it while sleeping so I try very hard to sleep on my side.

Ah the chapter name. I think I'm so clever tbh.
Its not like they've been on the road before but let me dream (I beg as I just wanted to fit a one direction reference in a book that barely mentions anything of the boyband)

Enjoy !

➹ ➹

(John's point of view)

   Awakening earlier than the rest, I made a quick run to Panera's and ordered five chicken noodle soup in bread bowls. When I arrived back home, Austin was checking his phone and Devon was cleaning up, Manny frantically trying to find his shoes, and Marceline, still in cute jammies, her hair all messy, her eyes droopy of sleep.

     Goddammit John.

   I was thankfully interrupted by Devon coughing and laughing in my face, "cough lover-boy cough Panera!"

   Marceline jumped from her palace of perfectly placed pillows and grabbed the take out, running to the table. Then, she began to slowly unravel her breakfast. The aroma of fresh celery, carrots, and white chicken took over last nights ordeal of sweet tomato sauce and tender meatballs. She basically moaned a thank you, and I guffawed to myself.

She is absolutely adorable.

I saw Austin eyeing me. I internally rolled my eyes. Externally, I headed over to Marceline and set everyone's breakfast at the middle.

"I'll eat in a bit, I'm still trying to find my running shoes" Manny shouted from the hallway leading to the bathroom.

Devon sat across from me and on the other side of Marceline. His lips began to grin as he saw the way I was looking at Marceline and he was so damn giddy about it.

Whatever.

   I, too, began to eat my chicken noodle soup. I kept staring at my food as I slurped my way to the bottom. I did not want to look at Austin or Devon. Marceline was humming joyously as she ate.

The last hour and half after breakfast was surprisingly calm. Yet, I began to furiously check over and over if I had everything I needed. Devon drove Marceline to pick the F.Y.E. store to buy a selfie stick. Austin was eased up on the couch, playing with his phone, while Manny had found his nice Armour running shoes and began to finish his meal that was a bit cold. I stood by the door, waiting for them.

   Manny saw me and jokingly called me out as a puppy waiting for his master. I just stuck my tongue out like a four year old, but as Austin tried so hard to cover up his laugh the noise that came out of his mouth was non-human. His eyes began to water as he briskly put his fingers on his nose testing the tenderness. "Ahh fuuuuck." He whimpered.