Chapter one. - Edited!

Usual morning, usual doings. I was nodding my head to the beat of Selena Gomez’s new song, Who Says.

A muffled voice could be heard from beside me. I looked to my left, and there he was. Leaning on the locker next to mine, Jake Flynn was talking about something.

I narrowed my eyes.

How in the world can he actually think I was listening to him? I have earpieces in! And hood up..

I smiled sheepishly at him. His mouth stopped allowing words to come out and he stared at me questioningly, I slowly pulled down my hood and earpieces.

‘Sorry, man. I had no clue, at all, that you were here talking to me.’ I apologized.

Jake looks surprised for a second but recovered by shaking his head.

‘You really got me there.’ He smiled, showing off his pearly whites.

‘Well, obviously. How long have you been talking?’ I asked, removing my hoodie and tying my hair loosely.

Jake stared off to space for a while, looking all cute with his ruffled hair, before returning back. ‘Pretty long. I would have written a thousand word essay, or maybe more, just talking to you.’

I gave him  an amused look. ‘You’re kidding me right? Didn’t you suspect anything?’

‘Uh, well, not exactly since you kept nodding your head.’ He grinned at me.

‘Unbelievable.’ I rolled my eyes.

At that very moment, the bell rang, indicating homeroom and the start of school.

‘Talk to me later during lunch?’ He asked.

‘Yeah sure..’ I said while taking out a few of my needed textbooks out of my locker.

‘Good then. Oh, and this time, no hoodie, no earpiece. Meet me at the usual Koi pond.’ He waved goodbye before jogging to his homeroom class.

I decided to do the same. I had exactly two minutes before I reached, so I jogged slowly. As I rounded up a corner, two different arms were around me.

‘Heya Meana!’ The twins greeted. Yep, in school, I was known as Megan. Meana, if it was from the twins. The twins were Chace and Chad. Identical twins with smoky grey eyes and brown hair. It was really hard to identify them at first, but as I spent more and more time with them, their names came naturally to me. And no matter how hard they tried to confuse me, I always knew who was who.

‘Sup, dudes. And may I just remind you that my name is Megan? And I do not like guys touching me!’ I squirmed out of their side hug.

Chace, the older one, chuckled to my left. ‘You might as well win an award for that.’

‘Yup. You’re such a weirdo. All the other girls would have fainted right in our arms if we did the same to them.’ Chad added.

‘I’m not like other girls.’ I debated.

The twins exchanged glances.

‘Come to think of it… She always hung out with us boys, learning tips on how to get on with girls. Whoa… Something’s on.’ Chad pointed out.

‘Totally. Dude, what if it’s true?’ Chace supported his brother?

I groaned. ‘Don’t bring this up again guys. I’ve made it very clear I am not a lesbian. Leave them alone and don’t bring them into my situation.’ I warned.

‘Not convinced…’ Chace started.

‘At all.’ Chad completed the sentence.

I gave them a flat look before entering our homeroom class. I took my usual seat beside the black haired Dylan Knighte.