Chapter Ten.

This chapter is dedicated to lizabethann. :) For making an awesome cover. And my sixtieth fan. :) Happy reading everyone!!!

~~~

‘So…’ I broke the silence but quickly shut my mouth when Holly raised an eyebrow at me, daring me to continue.

‘So…’ Sophia tried, but stopped as she got a dirty look from Holly.

‘So--’ Lily started but was cut off by Dad.

‘So, I need to know why your mother is…. Uh, Amanda, fill me in.’ Dad’s eyes roamed around the room, from Liam, to Holly, to Lily, and then to Sophia.

I stood up, shrugging and smiling sheepishly. ‘So… I found Lily’s long lost daughter. And…. Yeah, that’s all I got.’

He pursed his lips and pointed to Liam. ‘Then who’s he?’

‘He’s my—‘

‘Boyfriend.’ Sophia ended for me. My eyes widen in shock and I shot daggers at her.

‘No! He’s not hers, he’s mine.’ Holly interrupted, totally saving my bottom. She faked a lustful look at Liam, but unfortunately, Liam had to be stubborn and not cooperate. Instead, he looked at me and winked. I mentally face-slapped myself.

‘Amanda…’ Dad breathed.

‘It’s nothing, he’s just a douche-bag.’ I rolled my eyes.

Lily coughed, reminding everyone that she was still there.

‘Right,’ I clapped my hands, ‘I will bring Holly upstairs and get her changed. In an hour, everyone is to meet in my room so that we could further discuss this.’ I gestured my hands in a circular motion towards everyone.

Everyone in the living room nodded. Lily got up from the couch, rubbing her hands. ‘Well, I’ll make some lemonade. Anyone in?’

There were murmurs of agreements and they dispersed. Soon, only Holly, Dad and I were left.

‘Amanda, I need to ask you something. Why is your mother in a drunken state?’ Dad whispered into my ear, making sure that Holly didn’t hear.

‘She is? I thought that was only yesterday… or was it the day before? I forgot, what with all these poop going on now.’

‘You have got to be….’ I didn’t hear what Dad said next cause he muttered them in such a low and soft whisper.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash from the kitchen. I saw Dad’s eyes widen in shock. ‘What was that?’

‘I don’t know. But I’ll check it out. Why don’t you check on Mother? See if she’s better.’ I suggested, backing away from him and move towards the kitchen. I saw him nod in agreement before he rushed towards Mum’s room. I gestured Holly to follow.