Chapter four. - Edited!

Something bad is definitely going to happen tonight. I just know it.

‘Here’s your drinks, anything else?’ The waiter asked, a plastic smile on her face.

‘That’d be all. Thank you.’ I smiled back at her as Sophia took a sip of her float.

‘Today was a blast! Like, have you seen their faces when they went up the Meteorite? It was epic! I want to go on it again! Then the haunted house, oh, and have you seen there?’ Sophia got all excited and pointed to behind me. I turned around and tried to find what she was pointing out for.

‘They have a mini horse ride!’ She squealed. I laughed; it was so darn funny watching her get excited on the littlest detail of the funfair.

‘So, where to next?’ I asked, sipping my own drink.

‘Um, let’s see, we’ve covered the Viking ship, Meteorite, the bumper cars. Ooh, let us go on to the booths. Pretty boring, but I’m winning me some teddy bear.’ Sophia said with a smug smile on her face.

I couldn’t help but smile in return due to her enthusiasm. ‘Sure, let’s go.’ I got up, grabbing my tropical smoothie along as I got out of the café.

‘Ok, so booths, booths, let’s go to that one! Seems pretty easy enough.’ Sophia pointed towards a booth where you have to shoot a basket ball through the hoop as many times as possible and if you within a limited number, you get a prize.

‘Easy? Do you know how fast their time limit is? It’s like, just a minute. Why not there?’ I asked her, pointing to a similar booth, but that one had hoops of different heights and places.

‘We’ll try that one later, I’m going for this one now.’ Sophia said. She gave a dollar and tried her best, in scoring.

After five bucks wasted, she walked away with a disappointed face.

‘Told you we should have gone for this one.’ I said, as we reached the booth I pointed our earlier.

‘Don’t rub it in, Mistress.’ Sophia remarked.

I held a surrender pose as she starts throwing the hoops. After three tries, I guess you could say she got what she wanted. That is, if she had wanted a pair of koala key chains.

‘I’m so sorry, Sophe. I’ll try too, ok? Just don’t look so glum.’ I consoled. I spotted an archery booth, and dragged Sophia to it.

‘Come on, a game of archery will boost you up.’ I paid for turn and handed her the bow. ‘That bunny up there’s pretty lonely, bring her home, Sophia.’

‘I suck at archery.’ She groaned. ‘But, I would love that bunny. It’s mine.’

I smiled, ‘Shoot.’

We wasted ten more minutes trying to get that bunny. And by ‘We’, I meant Sophia. I just stood by the side, face palming myself every now and then.

‘I’ll give it a try.’ I patted Sophia.

‘Ahh, pretty lady has to do the teenage section, there’s an age limit, you know.’ The man at the counter said.

‘And where did you get that idea?’ I said.

‘Ever since I found out adults help out their kids to win pretty bunnies.’ He sure wanted money, huh?

‘Ok, fine.’ I gave in, ‘Where do I stand?’ I paid a little more for the fee, and he took me to a little behind of his booth where he had an archery range.

I took the bow, which was a real one without all the plastic stuff in front to make it stick to the chart. This was the real deal. Putting on the arm bracer and finger tab, I grew nervous. You could say I forgot what it’s like to play archery.