Chapter 8 - My New Haircut

"Kaylee!"  I feel someone shaking me.  "Kaylee!"  They say a little bit louder.  I groan and turn to the other side.  "Kaylee!"  They shout and I feel my body get pushed and I land on the floor with a thud.

   "I'm up!"  I exclaim.  I look up to meet Logan looking excited,  I shake my head.  This is not good.  "What are you so happy about?"  I ask.

   He puts on a mischievous grin.  "Do you want to go to the mall?"

   "I've haven't been to a mall in at least five years."  I state honestly.

   "You do want to go!  But before we go, we have to change how you look."  I raise my eyebrows.  "If we don't, someone might remember you from the news."  Logan says, and I feel stupid for not remembering.  "How long has it been since you had a haircut."  I jump up and have my mouth open in horror.  

   "I can't get rid of my hair!  Do something else!"  I squeal.  I'm not super girly, or anything, I just really like my long, blond hair.

   Logan looks like he is trying not to laugh.  "Kaylee, I understand you love your hair now, but once Peter cuts it, you will love it even more!"  He says.

   "Peter would cut it!  Does he even know how to?  I don't want it to be messed up!  I am not one of those girls who can rock the ragged, just-out-of-bed, look!"  I exclaim, afraid for my hair's future.

   "For your information, Peter is a wonderful hair stylist.  He's going to give you magazines of different celebrities' hairstyles for you to choose from."  Logan says in a soothing voice, attempting to calm me down.

   I take a deep breath.  "Alright.  Let's do it."  I say, using all the bravery I have.

   We walk to the third floor, and head towards a door at the far end.  Logan opens it to reveal a large room with white tile and mint walls.  There is a jacuzzi, a little bar, and in the corner, there are seven chairs.  I notice in the far corner there is an adjustable chair next to a desk, which has various hair styling tools and a big mirror attached.

   Logan sits down on one of the chairs.  "This will be interesting."

   Peter walks in, holding a stack of magazines.  He sets them on a nearby table and addresses me.  "Go look through those and choose a hairstyle that you want."  He says, as if last night never happened.  I walk to the magazines and start to look through them.  They are all short hairstyles.  I find a picture of Jessica Alba with short hair.  

   "This is the one."  I say, a little scared.  It is like a foot and a half shorter than my normal hair.  Peter nods as if he's approves of it, and he pushes me to the chair in front of the mirror.  He gets started, and it's amazing how focused he is.  Now I'm a little bit more relaxed about this.  

   The room is silent except for the snipping of hair every so often.  As I look in the mirror, something catches my attention.  Peter is so focused in my hair, and I notice how his eyebrows sort of pinch together.  His brown hair is short, but not too short.  It is about the length of Brendon Urie's hair.  I also notice his dark green shirt and dark jeans.  I smell a hint of cologne and I notice how his hair still has a few wet spots, I'm guessing from a shower.  I close my eyes.  Quit looking at him.  Don't even think about liking him, you are on a trip to save the world, not get a boyfriend.

   Finally, Peter taps my shoulder.  "It's finished!"  he exclaims.  I open my eyes and gasp.  It looks so good.  It looks better than my old haircut.  "Do you like it?"  he asks, sounding a bit nervous.

   "I love it!  It looks amazing!  Thank you, Peter!"  I  squeal.  A smile immediately spreads across his face.

   "Now we can go shopping."  Logan says, surprising me.  I forgot he was even there.  "You can buy whatever you want."