Chapter 15 - Jealousy Sucks

After a while, we finally arrive at an airport.  I don't even know where we are, and nobody else is sure.

   "Since there is five of us, I'm going to hand out the tickets randomly.  There are two sets of seats next to each other, and one that is alone.  I couldn't make us all sit together because of how late I got plane tickets."  Blake explains.

   Blake shuffles what I'm guessing are the tickets, and then he hands them out to us.  I look down at my ticket.  I got seat 19D.

   "Okay, let's see what we all got.  I'll say mine first.  Mine is seat 27A."  Blake says.

   "I got 16B."  Peter says.

   "I got 27B."  Logan says, high-fiving Blake.

   "I got 19D."  I say.  After that, I hold my breath, waiting for Amy.  She's either with Peter or me.  I don't like either of those options.

   Amy sighs, as if it hurts her to say this.  "I got 19E."  She says in disgust.

   We head off to the waiting area, and it takes ten minutes until they start boarding.  Peter goes up first, followed by Amy and me, then Blake and Logan.

   When we get on, Amy and I are completely silent for the first fifteen minutes.  I try to stay silent, but curiosity is killing me.

   "Why don't you go ask Blake.  You two seen to be very close."  She spats, not even looking at me.  My mouth drops open.  I make sure nobody is in the other seat next to Amy.  I'm guessing they just didn't come on the plane, because that seat was taken.

   "What is that supposed to mean?"  I whisper to her.

   "What do you think it is supposed to mean?"  She whispers back, harshly.

   "I don't know what it is supposed to mean!"

   "Oh, I forgot, you're too stupid to understand what that means."  Amy states.

   "What the heck is wrong with you!  That was uncalled for, even for you Amy!"

   "Whatever!  It's true!  I bet a squirrel has a bigger brain than you!"

   "What did I ever do to you!"

   "You stole Blake from me!"  Amy says, louder.  She looks around to make sure no one, especially Blake, heard it.  "You took him from me.  You stole my... friend."

   I'm silent for a minute, before I realize why she's upset.  My jaw drops.  "You like Blake!"  I whisper, excited now.

   "Do not!"  Amy says back, averting my eyes.  I see a blush spread across her cheeks.

   "Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't like Blake."

   "Fine!  Okay, I like Blake!  Are you happy now?"  Amy says, obviously embarrassed.

    I let out a girly squeal, causing Amy to shoot me a dirty look.  "Why are you mad at me?"  I ask, still confused.

   "I see how much you and Blake like each other."  She whispers, looking down.

   Realization hits me.  "Oh my gosh, Amy!  Blake and I don't like each other like that!  We're just friends!  I swear, we each like each other strictly as friends!"

   "Really?"  Amy looks at me, as if to see if I'm lying.  I nod my head vigorously.

   "If I had known you were jealous, I would have told you immediately!"

   "I wasn't jealous!"  Amy defends.  I shoot her a look.  "Okay, maybe just a little jealous."   We laugh, actually enjoying each other's presence.