Chapter 14 - Melody

Hey guys!  I'm doing something different.  I'm writing in a different point of view from an entirely new person.  It is to show you what is happening on the opposite side.

Also, since there are new people, and have a few extras to the cast:

Keira Knightley as Melody

Taylor Laughtner as Carter

Alex Pettyfer as James

Andrew Garfield as Spencer

Zac Efron as Jeremy

Leven Rambin as Adrian

Emma Stone as Jenny

---Melody's POV---

  This was not going the way it should have.

   I'm an equal to these scientists, yet they treat me as if I'm some sort of pest.

   I can assure you, I am not a pest.

   I'm walking down the white hallways in the building, my posture perfect.  Perfection is what I wanted.  For all to be equally flawless.  I did not want murder.

   "Charlotte!  May I please have a word?"  I question with my British accent.

   Charlotte looks away from Carter, another scientist, and looks to me.  She sighs as if I am a bother to her, says a quick goodbye to Carter, and comes over to me.

   "What do you want, Molly?"  She asks in her annoyed voice. 

   I close my eyes for a few seconds, then respond in clenched teeth, "My name is Melody, not Molly."

   She does a fake laugh.  "Oh, silly me.  I guess I just didn't hear because of your silly accent.  Don't get so angry, my goodness!"

   "I'm sorry, I guess I just assumed that after 2,500 years, you would have the decency to remember my name."  I respond with as much venom as possible.  

   "What do you want, Melody?"  She replies, the smile wiped off of her face.

   I look at her in shock.  She acts like I was the one being annoying!  "I just wanted to ask where our morals are going."  Charlotte raises her eyebrow, so I continue.  "Why are we becoming murderers?  That is not what we talked about when we created our..."  I look for a word to fit for the situation.  "..family."

   She lets out another forced laugh.  "Oh, Melody, my dear, how completely oblivious you are!"  She replies as if I'm entertainment to her.  "The world has changed over the 2,500 years.  We now have to do things we couldn't have ever imagined.  It is what we must do to accomplish our dream."

   "This is not our dream, Charlotte!  Our dream was to make perfection, not death!  We are going the opposite way of our dream!  Perfection involves everybody!"  I argue.  

   Charlotte takes a step towards me, causing me to move back into a desk.  "Perfection,"  she says through clenched teeth, "involves only the ones who can accept it and become it.  Those four Elementals are not able to accept it and become it.  We have to go to whatever measure we can to provide perfection.  If your loyalties are changing, then you are not welcome here.  Do you understand?"  She demands.  I stare at her in shock, so she continues.  "I said, do you understand?"  I slowly nod.  "Good.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have more important business to attend to."