Chapter 18 - The Way I Am

I lay in my bed, thinking about what just happened.  After Peter told me the sentence that made my heart flutter, You're worth everything to me, Peter and I just lied on my bed in a happy silence, gazing into each other's eyes.  Eventually, it was midnight, so Peter had to leave.  Ever since then, I've just been staring at the ceiling, smiling.  So, yes, it is safe to say that we are officially dating.  Yes, I get it, I'm only sixteen, but I do believe this is true love.  But that does not mean I am just going to go and get married.  I'm going to wait until I'm at least twenty-five.  If we're still together, then I do believe that we are meant to be.

   If I live that long.

    I shake my head, clearing my mind from my depressing thoughts.  I'm sure that we can save the world.  I hope.

   Not wanting to think about that anymore, I shut my eyes, and drift into a deep sleep.

   "Wake up, Kay-Kay!"  Logan shouts as he pulls the covers off of me.

   I open one eye to give him a death glare.  Or, at least, half of one.  "Kay-Kay?"  I ask, not being able to hold my smile.

   "Yes, that is you're new nickname."  He informs me with a straight face.  "Now get up!"

   I reluctantly get out of my bed and head out to the dining room with Logan.  When we get there, I see everyone there, completely dressed, eating sandwiches.  My eyebrows furrow.  "Wow, sandwiches for breakfast.  Call me old-fashioned, but I like sandwiches for lunch."  I say, a little grumpy from being woken up.

   "It is lunch."  Amy says, in between bites.

   My eyes widen as I look at the microwave clock that reads 12:34.  "How did I sleep that long?"  I ask, horrified that I slept that long.

   "Well, we saw Peter leave your room at twelve, and I'm guessing you stayed up because you had things to think about."  Amy replies, hinting at Peter, which causes me to blush.

   I quickly swallow down a sandwich that Melody made for me, then I run up to my room and take a shower.  After that, I finish getting ready.  I run back down, only to find Peter alone in the living room.

   "Where's everyone else?"  I ask him as I sit next to him on the couch. 

   He pulls me closer to where I am resting against his side.  "They all went out on different errands."

   I pull away and look at Peter.  "Are you sure about this?"  I ask.  He looks at me, confused.  "I mean, our relationship.  It's just, I'm not anything special.  A lot of times, I have no idea what to say.  I can't even use my own powers.  I'm not even that pretty, and I'm certainly not perfect."

   "No, you aren't.  And that's what I love about you.  All your little flaws make me fall in love with you even more.  I wouldn't ever want to change anything about you.  Not one bit."  Peter says, looking into my eyes.  He leans into me, so I can feel his breathe against my ear.  "Oh, and you are the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on."

   He pulls away, smiling when he sees my light blush.  We stare into each other's eyes for what seems like an eternity.  It seems like we are the only people in the world.  Unconsciously, each of us lean forward.  We are about to kiss, when I hear someone squeak.  I jump back, only to see Amy standing at the door, looking embarrassed.

   "I am really, really sorry.  I didn't know i'd be... interrupting something!"  She squeaks out.  If I wasn't so embarrassed, I probably would have started laughing from Amy acting completely out of character.  But right now, I was sure I'm as red as a tomato.

   "Don't worry, Amy, it's fine."  I assure her.

   She looks back outside, then to us.  "Sorry, I just noticed a... tree... that looks..."  She stands there, thinking of a word.  "lonely."  Then she runs out.

   Peter and I both look at each other for about two seconds before bursting into laughter.  Peter stops and looks at me as if I'm the only girl in the world.  

   "Kaylee?"  I raise an eyebrow.  "I'm going to kiss you."  Then he leans into me and our lips meet.

   It's nothing like I expected.  It's so much more... amazing.  I could almost hear fireworks going off.  It feels like he is the one.  We break apart for what feels like too soon.  But I guess if we did that for a week, it would be too soon.

   "That was..."  Peter starts.

   "Amazing."  I finish for him.

   "They're dating!"  Logan yells, causing me to jump and fall off the couch.  I hear Logan laugh as he says, "Peter, that girl is falling for you."

   "You're an idiot."  I hear Peter reply, before helping me up.  

   "But you love me for it!"  Logan replies.

   "I don't love you."  Peter responds.

   "Oh yeah.  You love Kaylee."

   "Yes, yes I do."

Hey, guys!  Sorry for the lovey-dovey stuff.  Trust me, next chapter will be much better.  Far more eventful.

So, I'm sorry it took forever for me to update!  I was just really busy.

On the side there is a picture of Kaylee and the song The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson.  I just think it's so sweet :D

Anyway, I'll try to update faster!