Chapter 17 - You're Worth Everything To Me

Do you ever have those moments when you wish you could just curl up in a hole and disappear?  Yeah, I was wishing that right now.

   "Kaylee, come on.  Why aren't you coming with me?"  Blake asks, trying to guide me to the training room, but failing.  I'm standing in my doorway, not moving at all.

   "I'm, um..."  Come on, Kaylee, think of a good excuse.  "Not feeling well."  Very convincing. 

   "Too bad.  We are going to get our first day of training today!  Now you can show us your epic water skills!  I'm sure it will blow us out of the water, pun intended."  Blake jokes.  I fake a laugh, but it sounds more like an elephant dying.

   "Please, just go without me today.  I'll show you my water skills some other time!"  I say, trying to convince him.

   "No.  Come on before I force you to come to the room."  

   I sigh and begin to walk to the training room.  Blake seems satisfied and walks after me.  I really don't want to do this.  I have no idea how I am going to break it to them that I can't even muster up a single drop of water.

   It turns out that there is a training room and science lab underneath the house.  Crazy, right?  I don't think there will ever stop being surprises.

   The training room is large, and it slightly resembles a gym that you would find at a school.  Although, it doesn't have any stands, or a stage.  It just has the hard, tiled flooring, and a whole lot of space.

   We finally enter the room, only to discover that everyone is waiting for us.  "Ok, so now that we have all finally arrived, I'd like you all to suit up."  Melody explains.  "Here are your suits that you will wear whenever you are training."  She says, as she hands out different suits.  They are all black, but are different sizes.  They almost look like The Hunger Games training suits, but they are completely black.  

   We all go to our gender's changing area, which also includes a bathroom with four showers, four sinks, and four different stalls.  After Amy and I change, we head out, only to find all the boys already out and changed.  How do they change that fast?  I can't help but notice how the outfits shape around all of their perfectly toned chests.  It takes a minute for me to realize that I'm checking them out, but when I realize what I'm doing, I blush.

   "Anyway, I'd like you all to get in a line and face me."  Spencer says.  We follow his request, and we are all lined up, shoulder to shoulder.  It goes Blake, Amy, Logan, me, than Peter.  "Oh, and Peter, you can't participate in this exercise.  I'll be training you separate from the others."  Spencer says, now leading Peter toward the opposite end of the room.

   Melody steps up and gestures towards the pedestals in front of each of us, each of the containing a soda can.  "I would like all of you to demonstrate your powers by knocking down these cans.  It is a simple exercise to see the amount of control you have in your powers."  The pedestals are about ten feet in front of us, and it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to do.  You know, if  you had powers.

   "Blake, you start."

   Blake pulls his hand back as if he's a pitcher, then hurdles a ball of fire towards the can, which knocks it down effortlessly.  I gasp, but Logan only leans into me, whispering loudly enough for everyone to hear, "Show off."  I'd laugh if I wasn't dying of shock.

   "Amy, now you."

   Amy lifts up dirt from a pot I didn't even realize was next to her, shapes it into a ball from her hands moving back and forth, not even touching the dirt.  When she's satisfied with her ball of dirt, she launches it towards the can, sending it flying.

   "Logan, you're up."

   Logan pulls his hands up, above his head, pulls his arms back, then throws it at the can, sending it flying to the wall. 

   "And I'm the show off?"  Blake jokes.

   "Kaylee, your turn."  I don't make a motion, so Melody points to a pot next to me that contains water.  "Use that, dear."

   It's like everything goes in slow motion.  I try to do the motions that my friends did, but nothing happens.  I feel beads of sweat on my forehead from the concentration I'm putting into this.  Next I try coaxing the water.  I try to promise it a wonderful life if it listens to me, but it stays in the pot, motionless.  I try for what seems like hours, until my vision starts to blur.  I feel my eyes start to water, and I try to stop them.  I look over at my friends, who look confused, then I look to Melody, who has the same expression.  But I turn my head, finding Spencer's face scrunched up in confusion.  It's not until I see Peter that I burst into tears.

   "Sorry,"  I sob, "I can't do this."  Then I run upstairs, and don't stop running until I reach my room.  I sprint into it, close the door, lock it, then crash against it in tears.  Why can't I do this?  Why do I have to fail my friends, no, the whole world?  Why am I so stupid?"

   I hear a knock on my door.  "Kaylee, open up"  Peter says, softly.

   "No, leave me alone."

   "Why?"

   "Because I'm too stupid to do a simple thing.".

   A silence fills the air.  I'm about to start sobbing again, until I hear a whisper.  "You're not stupid."  It's so quite, I'm not even sure if I was imagining it or not.

   I open the door, hesitantly, only for Peter to crash into me and hug me.  

   "Kaylee, you will learn how to use your powers.  It may take some time, but you will learn how to do it.  I'll make sure of it."

   "Why are you helping me?  I'm not even worth it."  I whisper, almost ashamed that I'm me.

   Peter grabs me shoulders, and holds me back to where he can look straight into my eyes.  "You are worth everything to me." 

Drama bomb!  Now, I know some of you may be thinking, 'That is unrealistic.  They haven't known eachother long enough to think that.'  Well, here is what I have to answer that.  Too bad!  This is my story!  I will make the characters fall madly in love if I want!

Anyway, I posted the song 'I See the Light' from Tangled.  Also, I posted a picture of Blake, red eyes and all!

Thank you so much for reading!  You have no idea how much it means to me!  Well, read on!  I hope you like this story!