Chapter 13 - I Will Be Strong

"So, what do you want on your pancakes?"  My foster mom asked as she got a stack off pancakes off the pan.  She's smiling, as always.

   "My usual,"  I respond, smiling.  My mom happily puts the butter, strawberries, syrup, and chocolate chips on the four stack of pancakes.

   She brings them over to me, and I am caught in the heavenly aroma of the pancakes.  

   We are all seated around the table, Ethan, my foster parents, and I, with our pancakes.  Ethan is devouring his, my mom is daintily cutting hers into little pieces, and my dad is taking hefty bites of his.  I'm smiling as I eat my amazing pancakes.  I love being with my family.

   After we finish, we put the plates in the sink, and my parents wash and dry the plates.  Ethan and I are sitting on the couch watching TV.

   Suddenly, Ethan turns the television off and looks at me.  I raise my eyebrow.

    "Kaylee!"  Ethan starts.  His voice seems frantic, but his face is clear.  "Kaylee, wake up!"  Something is off on his voice.  "Wake up, wake up!"  Now I realize.  It isn't Ethan's voice.  It's Peter's.

   I open my eyes.  I see Peter, Amy, Logan, and Blake all looking at me,  It takes me a second to remember everything.  When I do, my eyes starts to water, and I feel a tear fall down.  Peter runs up to me and I cry into his chest as he whispers reassurances to me.

   Finally, I pull away and rub my eyes.  "What are you guys doing here?"  I question.

   "We need you, stupid.  We can't do this without you."  Amy replies, making it sound like I should know.

   "What happened?"  Blake asks.

   I explain everything, not leaving a detail.  Well, except for the incident with almost kissing Derek.  I already thought I was a fool, I don't need support.

   "You were given the anti-aging antidote?"  Logan asks, his eyes wide.

   "Yeah.  It was weird, you guys shoul-"  Then I stop.  Gosh, I am so stupid!  They had the antidote, years ago.  "Why didn't you tell me?" 

   "We thought you would run away.  I mean, you were pretty skeptical about the Elemental thing."  Blake explains.  "With good reason!"  He quickly adds.

   We sit there in silence.  Nobody looks each other in the eye, almost nervous to break the silence.  I suddenly get up and get clothes and a towel for a shower.  I walk to the shower without a word and take a thirty minute shower, enjoying the steaming water.  When I get out, I dry off, put my clothes on, and look into the mirror.  All I see is a perfect girl who looks extremely miserable.  I hate looking like that.  I used to always happy.  I don't even want to look perfect, I hate not having flaws.  When you see a beautiful, skinny model in a magazine, all that happens is you get insecure.  I don't want to be the girl who makes other girls hate themselves.

   I'm ripped away from my thoughts by a knock on the door.  "Are you alright in there?"  Logan asks.  I open the door and look at Logan.  "You look a lot better."

   "I feel better."  I say honestly.  Logan looks happy.  He grabs my hand and leads me to the living room. 

   "We have to get going if we don't want to get caught by someone."  Amy says.

   Everyone agrees and fifteen minutes later, we are all in the car with our stuff packed and ready.

   "Is everyone ready?"  Blake asks as he sits in the driver's seat, buckling up.

   We all say yes, and we begin to drive off.  I'm so depressed I don't even question where we're going.

   In the black car, Blake is in the driver's seat, Amy is in the passenger's seats, and Logan, Peter, and I are in the back.  Of course I'm in the middle, Logan to my right and Peter to my left.  Why did I have to get the middle?  Why couldn't one of them be a man and take the middle?  Now I don't have anything to rest my head on.

   Amy turns on the radio and Like I Love You by Justin Timberlake comes on.  To my surprise, Amy leaves it on.  Huh, I didn't know she liked Justin TImberlake.  I guess there is a lot I don't know about any of them.

   As the song goes on, I think about how my life has changed through such a short time.  I lost three people I loved.

   I'm thinking my depressing thoughts when I feel a hand grab mine.  It isn't fierce, it's sweet and light.  I look over and see that it is Peter, who is looking back at me.  He leans toward me and whispers, "I saw you were upset.  I know at times like these, you just need someone to be there for you."

   It may seem strange, but that made me feel alright.  Now I didn't think the world had ended.  Instead, I realize that I'm not alone.  I'm not the only person hurt.  And that makes me feel happy.  I won't be a wimp anymore.  I'm going to go to Derek, Charlotte, and the other bad people, and I will get justice.  I will stop them from hurting anyone else.

   I lean into Peter and whisper in a strong voice, "I will be strong."

 Hey you guys!  So, my friend AlienZelda and I decided to make a cast list.  I'm not sure if you can view cast lists, so I'll post it in this author's note.  If I add any new characters, I will put it in the next note.  Now, please remember that the actual people won't have the exact traits, like the color of their eyes or their age, but just imagine with what I wrote.

Ashley Benson as Kaylee

Logan Lerman as Ethan

David Henrie as Blake

Anne Hathaway as Amy

Jason Dolley as Logan

Jeremy Kapone as Derek

Brendon Urie as Peter

Taylor Swift as Charlotte

Jennifer Love Hewitt as Kaylee's Foster Mom

Ross Mccall as Kaylee's Foster Dad

I hope you like the cast, I think they are all very lovely and fitting for their parts.  Also, I posted a picture of Peter!  Happy reading!  I hope to update soon!