Than

•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
Chapter 7

Sean's P.O.V.

Nine and-a-fourth Years Ago

Today started off not so great. I was supposed to be at Marks house at 11 o'clock a.m., but -just my luck- I forgot to set my alarm and was woken up by the sound of my phone ringing like a mad-man. The time on my phone read 11:15 and the caller was Mark. He had left countless messages asking if I was okay and what-not. I picked up my phone and told him why I was so late. I said I'd be over in half and hour. So I scrambled out of bed and slipped on my clothes. I dashed downstairs, grabbed a granola-bar, and left my house locking the door behind me.

I walked for twenty minutes before I got to Marks house. I opened the door which was unlock and stepped inside, shutting the door.

The first thing in heard was the sound of someone singing with a voice the should belong to someone who lived in the heavens. The voice was very angelic ; I just stood in the doorway listening to this person sing ; the voice belonged to Mark. I quickly recognised the song - Iris by the Goo-Goo dolls (the sleeping with sirens cover)

"And I'd give up forever to touch you, 'cause I know that you feel me somehow. You're as close as to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now."

It sounded like Mark was in the kitchen so I walked that way and stood in the doorway. Not to my surprise, I was correct. Mark was making something, but I didn't want to bother him so I just stayed silent.

"And all I can taste is this moment. All I can breathe is life. And sooner or later it's over. I just don't wanna miss you tonight."

Mark moves over to the fridge and pulled out : ham, Swiss cheese, dill pickles, and brown mustard. He then moved over to the pantry and grabbed four pieces of naan-bread.

"And I don't want the world to see me. 'Cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's meant to be broken, I just want you to know who I am."

Mark put the Naan-bread into the oven to lightly toast- he pulled them out after a couple minutes. Mark then started to build the sandwiches ; starting with the bread, he covered one side in mustard then layered the rest of the ingredients onto. After he placed another piece of bread on top of  the sandwich - this was repeated for the other two pieces of bread. He turned around when I started to sing the next verse.

"And I don't want the world to see me,"

Mark began to sing with me.

"'Cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's meant to be broken, I just want you to know who I am. I just want you to know who I am."

He set the sandwiches down and walked up to me and enveloped me into a hug, planting a kiss on my forehead.
" Why didn't you tell me you could sing?" I asked holding him by the shoulders - looking him in the eye.
"Hey! That was my question!" He laughed. "Care for some lunch?" He asked pointing at the food he prepared while he was singing.
"Sure."
•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•
Authors Note
Buongiorno - meaning hello in italian. Sorry this is so short. Ik Ik I'll try and make the next chapter longer, but knowing me it will probably be normal length.
Any who
1.) Let me know what you think of this story so far
2.) What do you think will happen next
Totalybooks_music ~ Sam