Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

[Catherine, 13:31, Mafia Base]

I couldn't help but be a little jealous of Lucina. It was like she was a born fighter.

Lucina was duelling with a trainer, while Lucas, Anne and I stood on the outskirts of the gym .

There was something off with Lucina, but I couldn't figure out what. Maybe it was just my imagination. Yeah, that must be what it was.

Even though Lucas had told us to call him Adam, it just wasn't possible for me to do so. I went through too many years not being able to call him by his name, I deserved to call him by it now.

Lucas was telling stories about when we were little, as Anne and I stood around him in interest.

"Catherine was quite a tom-boy when she was younger." Lucas explained. "She would get into these fights, and come home with black eyes, and scratches, and all of these injuries."

Anne chuckled. "That sounds just like her!"

"That sounds just like her!" I mocked. "I am the mafia leaders kid, stupid."

"Idiot," Anne shot back.

"Imbecile."

"Dunce."

"Half-wit."

"Ignoramus."

"Miscreant."

"Dummkopf."

"Mean!" Lucas tried to input.

"Shush child," I slapped my hand over Lucas' mouth. Anne and I were not quite finished with our insults.

"Feist." Anne said to me. I laughed at that one.

"Loblolly."

"Ninny."

"Hircismus." Anne sniffed her armpits when I said that.

"Corpulent." I scrunched my face at her comeback.

"Abdominous." I shot back.

"Fussock."

I gasped. How dare she! "Fly infested, worm infused, moulded mildewed scrap of rotten banana!"

Anne and Lucas' gaped, mouths open, as they stared at me. Anne cocked her head, trying to figure out what I just said and if she should be offended.

I looked over to Lucina and the trainer, only to find that they weren't practising anymore. I caught a glance of Lucinas dark hair as she escaped out of the room. She had a phone in her hand.

I leave the two with their curiosity.

"You bring joy to a lot of people when you leave the room, Catherine." Anne cried out just as I got to the door Lucina had exited through. I smirked at Anne trying to get the last word.

I turned around, quickly, to reply, "Why? Because you follow?"

I heard Anne laugh as I closed the door behind me. I made sure the door made no sound as it shut.

A voice, a small and quiet voice, was barely heard. I kept going straight, and the voice got louder. I stopped at a door labelled 'Custodian Closet'. Lucinas voice could be heard inside.

"Yes... yes..." Lucina said from inside. She must have been on her cell phone. I knew it was wrong of me to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help it. "In a week... no, they don't know about us... this is a good time to get them all... yeah, yeah, got it." A click was heard without any goodbye.