He's My Dork {3}

“Collie? Want to come play Mario Kart?” Colin asked, stepping into my room.

                “Colin, how many times do I have to tell you to knock?” I asked with a sigh, turning to face my brother.

                He waved his hand dismissively. “We used to share a room, and I barged in all the time back then. So, want to come play?”

                “I can’t. I’m sleeping over a friend’s house tonight, and I should probably get going,” I said, checking the time.

                “Can you just tell me who Misha is already? I know that’s his name. Do I know him, Collie? That name sounds so goddamn familiar,” he groaned.

                “Maybe because you’re a Supernatural fan, and Castiel is played by a guy named Misha,” I said, not wanting to remind Colin that his best friend’s brother just so happened to be Misha.

                “I thought that was it, but it’s not. I know another guy named Misha. It’s not a common name, Collie!” he said, frustration slipping into his voice.

                “The little boy in Woman In Black was played by a Misha,” I said with a shrug.

                “Collie!” he whined. “Why can’t you just tell me? I’m your twin brother!”

                “Colin, just trust me, okay? I’ll tell you when I figure everything out. It’s a weird situation that I’m in with Misha,” I said honestly. “Let me figure out what’s going on between us exactly. I’ll tell you eventually.”

                “Fine,” he said with a slight frown. “I really hope everything works out for you though, Collie. You’ve seem kind of stressed lately, but you talk about seeing Misha, your eyes light up a little.”

                “How cliché. Anyways, I’m off to tell mother and father dearest, and then I’m out of here for the night,” I said, getting up.

                “Are you telling them the truth?” Colin asked in alarm.

                “Naturally. I don’t see why they would stop me when they let you hang out with Ant,” I said with a shrug.

                “Collie, no. Lie to them. I don’t like lying to mom and dad. Hell, I hate doing it. But they’re going to get angry. I’ve never slept over Ant’s house before!” he said, grabbing my arm as I moved to leave my bedroom.

                “Colin, they’re going to ground me if I sneak out. Just go in your room and let me handle myself,” I said sternly.

                Colin shot me a nervous look but nodded and went upstairs, like I had expected. He may be a little older than me, but he was clearly the dependent twin. If I was completely serious when I told him to do something, he would do it.

                I waited until I heard his bedroom door shut before heading upstairs and into the living room. My parents looked up at me curiously.

                “What’s up Collie?” dad asked.

                I hesitated for just a second. They weren’t in a bad mood. Hell, maybe I could just milk this rare normalcy, even for a few minutes. Just ask my dad if he wanted to play cards. Maybe we could get Colin and play a family game of pitch.

                But then reality came back to me, and I realized that we weren’t ever going to be truly normal. Not as long as they gripped their hatred so strongly.