He's My Dork {16}

“God damn you Tumblr!” I snapped, slamming my laptop as a post about Alec and Magnus from The Mortal Instrument series breaking up appeared.

                I groaned and rubbed my eyes. I hadn’t been able to sleep last night, so instead, I had wasted all night on Tumblr. But the last thing I needed to see right now was shit about breaking up with your boyfriend!

                I got up and went in the shower, shivering as the cold water woke me up a little. I got out of the shower and dressed, fixing my hair and brushing my teeth before putting on cover-up.

                I made my way upstairs and grabbed a Monster out of the refrigerator. I took a swing of it and resisted the urge to chug it for some energy. I was exhausted.

                “Good morning Collier,” my dad said, entering the kitchen.

                “Hey dad,” I grumbled, sitting down at the counter.

                “You’re up early. Do you want some breakfast? I can make you an omelet before you have to leave for school,” he said.

                “Sure,” I said, too tired to even argue with him. He was going to pretend everything was fine and dandy until the issue of my sexuality came up again.

                I rested my head on the counter and watched him as he made me an omelet. He set it down in front of me and I thanked him before starting to eat.

                I missed this part of my dad. The dad that loved me and made me breakfast. Who was always in a good mood and kind to his children.

                But lately, I had only seen his homophobic side. The side of him I had feared, ever since I thought a boy named Max was cute when I was 8. I had been absolutely terrified of my own feelings, slowly coming to secretly accept my sexuality as I grew older, gaining feelings for Ant in high school. I had mentally prepared myself to face my parents’ homophobia for years.

                I ate, watching Colin as he stumbled out into the kitchen, lazily dressed and his hair still a hot mess. He sat down next to me as dad poured him some cereal.

                “Tired?” I asked.

                “Exhausted. I only slept for about four hours last night. I was on the phone with Ant until two in the morning. Being his idiotic self, he watched some horror movie with his mom and couldn’t sleep.” He rolled his eyes.

                I bit my tongue against my sarcastic reply. I would give anything for four hours of sleep right now. I was dead tired.

                Colin and I stood up when we were done eating. We said goodbye to our father and went out to the car.

                “Trust me, it’s safer if you drive,” I said, tossing Colin the keys and getting in the passenger seat.

                “I don’t want to drive,” he whined.

                “And I don’t want to hear your bitching,” I growled. I was in such a bad mood between the lack of sleep, my distant boyfriend, and the three homophobes threatening me.

                “Are you okay?” he asked with a concerned look.

                “Just dandy. Drive,” I said, pointing at the steering wheel.