Chapter Four: Confusion

*A Month Later*
Not much has happened in the past month. You talk to Lee on a daily basis, go to therapy every other day, hang with Gumball when he's not busy, and go on adventures with Fionna and Cake. You haven't talked to Marshall though. You've seen him a couple times in the Candy Kingdom, but when he would see you he would frown and go back to his home.
This made you sad but you didn't think about it to much. Your therapist is trying her best to get you over him and move on. You'll still like him no matter what but it won't hurt as much to see him, or if he pranks you.
~~~~~~~
You sigh as you walk into the Candy Kingdom. You haven't seen Gumball in a awhile since he told you he liked you. You haven't really been avoiding him, just trying not to spend a lot of time with him. Of course you two still hang out, but it's not like it used to be. Everything is kind of awkward. But you can't just stop seeing him. It would break his heart.
You walk into the castle and walk up the stairs to Gumball's room. When you arrive at Gumball's room you hear two voices. One, of course, Gumball's but the other one is Marshall? You put your ear to the door and listen.
"Please Gummy!"
"No Marshall. I don't like you anymore. Plus I can't do that to Y/N."
"Oh come on! It's just one date! It won't even mean anything. I just like to see Y/N jealous."
There's a sigh.
"I'm sorry. I guess your right. Gummy what should I do? I just can't tell him I like him. He probably hates me after what I did."
"He doesn't. You could kill his cat in front of him and he'll still love you. I'm telling you Marshall he is hopelessly in love with you. I have no clue what he sees in you though."
"Hey! Don't forget I'm the one who broke up with you!"
"Yes, and I'm glad you did or I would have just text broke up with you. You're a jerk Marshall and Y/N doesn't deserve you."
"Yeah, yeah, just tell me what to do to make me less of a jerk to him."
"Have you ever thought of being nice to him?"
"Yes, but he's so sensitive! Half of what I say is mean, and the other half is a rude joke."
"Well, maybe you should work on that. But, maybe you could apologize to him and ask to start over? He has been through a lot, so kindness, patience, and compassion, might just fix his small broken heart."

"That's a good idea! Thanks Gumwad!"

The door swings open and you fall on your bum.

"Y/N!? What the hell are you doing here!?" Marshall says with wide eyes. "I-I-I w-was j-just going t-to say hi t-to G-gumball." You say stuttering.
"Did you listen to our conversation?" Gumball says walking out of his room. You stay silent.
"Come with me." Marshall says grabbing your wrist and pulling you up. You flinch in pain.
"M-marshall?!" You squeak out, as he drags you out of the castle.
"Shut up!" He yells picking you up bridal style and starts floating to his house. You blush and stay silent.
 A couple minutes later, you speak up. "Marshall, why are you taking me to your home?" You ask. He looks down at you and raises an eyebrow.
"Didn't I tell you to be quiet?" You nod and look down. The whole way there neither of you two talk at all. Once you both get close to his house, he puts you down and starts walking up to the front door.
He unlocks it and pulls you in. He forces you to sit on the couch. He sits next to you and sighs.
"Y/N, why do you like me? I'm so mean to you. I pushed you to far, and you tryed to kill yourself. So why?" He says looking you in the eyes.
You look down and open your mouth to speak but someone burst though the front door.
--------

Sorry this took FOREVER to update. School is hell. Homework can go jump in a pit and die. So ya, updates will be slow. Anyways thanks for reading! Also if characters are behind a door or something like that, their speech will be in bold or italicized.

Coda~