Chapter Nine: Peppermint Maid

"Gumball?! What's that beep?!" You yell frantically. A nurse runs through your room and into Marshall's room.
"H-Hey! What is happening?!" You yell at the nurse, but she is in too much of a rush to answer you. The beeping stops. A couple minutes later Gumball walks out of Marshall's room with his head down.
"Gumball?! What is happening?!" You say sitting up, ignoring about the pain in your head.
"Well, um, Marshall has, um...he has died." He says with no emotion in his face or voice. A cold chill runs down your spin and the first step of grieve sets in, denial.
"No! He can't die! He is immortal!" You yell, growing hysterical.
"Well, yes he can die. He can't die easily, but be can die. And well..." Gumball trails off. Tears run down your face.
"No! He isn't dead! Tell me he isn't dead! This is a messed up joke Gumball!" You scream hysterically. A couple nurses peek through the crack in door to see what's going on.
"Y/N, this isn't a joke. Everyone has their time. You'll find someone new." He says walking towards you.
"No! You don't understand! I love him! I can't get over him! I just can't!" You scream as more tears roll down your face, blurring your vision.
Gumball hugs you tightly. "Shhh. Just let it all out. I'm here for you." He says holding you. You bury your head in his chest and cry.
After about 10 minutes of crying, you try to stop, because you feel like your about to throw up. But you just can't stop crying.
"C-can't we bring him back. Peppermint maid is friends with Death. Can't we ask her to bring him back?" You ask looking up at him. He shrugs.
"Death would want another soul to take Marshall's place." Gumball says wiping the tears from your face with his thumb. You look down and shake your head.
"Are you sure he is dead? Can't he just be in a coma?"
"Y/N, his body is lifeless. He stopped breathing. The only way to know he is dead is by his breath, since he has never had a pulse." After hearing that you stay silent. A couple minutes later you start crying again.
*Time Skip*
A couple hours have past. Within that time you have been crying off and on again. Gumball has stayed by your side the whole time.
Right now you have your knees up to you chest, hugging them.
"You okay Y/N?" Gumball asks rubbing your back. You shake your head.
"No, I'm not okay." You say, your voice hoarse. Gumball embraces you. He opens his mouth to say something but someone knocks on the door to your hospital room.
"Come in." Gumball says and peppermint maid walks in.
"Um, Prince Gumball. May I have a word with Y/N alone? Please." She asks.
"Of course. I'll be in my lab. Come get me after you are done speaking with him." He says getting up and walking out. She watches him walk out and listens to his footsteps fade away.
She walks toward you in a hurry.
"Okay, listen. Marshall didn't die by a chemical. He died because someone killed him." She says in a whisper tone.
"What do you mean?" You whisper back.
"Somebody used dark magic to kill him." She says looking around to see if anyone is listening.
"He was murdered?!" You say above a whisper.
"Sh! They are listening! You have to keep quiet!" She says and you nod.
"How do we find the killer?" You ask in a whisper.
"I don't know. But we need to talk to Death. She will be able to talk to Marshall for a bit and get some information from him."
"Can we bring Marshall back?"
"I don't know. We'll have to see."
You open your mouth to say something but a banana guard walks in.
"Ms. Peppermint, Prince Gumball asks for you right now." He says grabbing her arm.
"Don't say anything!" She yells at you before she is pulled out of the room.
'What the fuck is going on?'
-------------
Sorry this took forever to update. I had personal stuff going on and I was just really lazy. Anyways, if you celebrate Thanksgiving, happy late Thanksgiving. If you have any advice for me, please message me.
And thank you all for so many reads and votes for my story. It means a lot to me. ^_^
Coda~