Chapter Fourteen: Death

Peppermint maid and you are walking as fast as possible to Death's house. You keep looking over your shoulder, because you're paranoid that some monster is going to attack you. When you look behind you for the millionth time, you see a couple undead creatures standing up, looking your way, and sniffing the air.

  "Uh, Pep. W-We need to walk a bit faster, or maybe start running. We are attracting things." Your voice quivers a bit as you start to get scared. She looks behind you, and widens her eyes a little.

  Peppermint opens her mouth to reply, but an undead zombie pops up out of the ground and grabs her leg. You both scream loudly, and  that draws more attention to the both of you.

  You quickly pick up and bone that was laying in the dirt. You hit the zombie in its head as hard as you can, and half of it's skull goes flying. Your breath starts getting faster as adrenaline and shock, courses through your veins. 

  "We need to run, now." She grabs your arm, and begins running. More undead creatures and skeletons start to run after you two. A couple come up out of the ground and try to rip your flesh off. But Peppermint maid or you, are quick to kick or hit them. 

  The longer and faster you guys run, it seems more and more undead start running after you two. Soon, you are both crowded and have no where to run. Peppermint throws Gumball to the ground and starts to fight them off, and you do the same.

  "What are we going to do?!" You yell while using the bone you picked up from earlier to knock some of the hostiles out.

  "Um, working on it!" She laughs nervously as she racks her brain for any spells, or something she could do to help in this sort of situation.

  As fighting the zombies one by one, starts to slowly stop working. They all get closer and closer to you, and start actually scratching you, instead of reaching to scratch you. But they all suddenly freeze for a moment, then quickly run away. You furrow your brow and turn towards Peppermint maid for some answers. 

  "Death!" The red and white haired women yells as she falls into an embrace with the skeleton in front of her. You  are very confused, so you hold the bone tighter in your hand, not trusting your surrounding or that.. thing.. Peppermint is hugging.

  "You don't have to be scared. This, is Death. While she is around us, nobody dares to come close. And don't be afraid of her either. She won't hurt you and she will help us." Pep says with a soft, reassuring, smile.

  "Y/N, come here child. I'll take you to my home and we will discuses the arrangements about Gumball and Marshall." Death says in a hushed tone, and instead of one voice speaking each word, it seems like 10 different people are. But they are all coming from her mouth. Just each voice is a second fast, a second slower, or just right.

  "How did you know my name and why we are here..?" You asked, still a bit scared.

  "Child, I see when death happens. I see who or what was the cause. I see those who griefs over the dead. I know what mainly happened. I know what you mainly want." She adjusts her hand, before turning around and walking towards a small white building, that is about 10 yards away. 

  Peppermint maid picks up Gumball. "Come on, Y/N. You have nothing to be scared off, and everything will be okay." She gives you another soft smile before walking after Death.

  You sigh and drop the femur bone. "You better be right.. I'm still on edge though." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 UGH, SORRY. I wrote some of this in the car while I was on my way to my grandmother's house. ((Her house is 8 hours away..)) And then my phone broke! While I was with my grandparent's house, I wanted to spend time with them and only got a small amount of me time. I'm currently packing to go to my dad's house, and hopefully I'll be able to update while I'm there. Sorry this chapter was short. Next one will be way longer, because I have a lot planned for it. Anyways, thanks for reading. Please give me advice if you have any. 

Coda~