Chap 12

Hermione's POV :

Today's the day of the big ball and I still haven't got a dress seeing as Mcgonogall told me that she would be having one made and given to me. She still hasn't given it yet and the ball is hours away. What do I do? Should I ask her? Would that be rude?

Just as I was stressing over all of this I got a letter.

Dear Granger

Your dress is ready and will be delivered to you before the ball , I'm hoping you like it.

M.M

Could Mcgonogall read minds from far away? Well the letter calmed my emotions down and brought excitement into my bones.

I , Hermione Granger would be going to the ball with Draco Malfoy.
-

The day was coming to an end and all the students were now getting ready for the ball.

Hermione was so nervous she felt sick all over.

There was a knock on her dorm door. It was Mr filch holding the dress , he handed it over with a pair of shoes and a box. Hermione thanked him and went inside. The dress was in wrapping and Hermione was dying to open it but was scared to see how the dress was.

It was a heart shaped long dress the colour or royal blue with crystals all over the top half that was gradient so not all of the dress was covered in it. She opened the box and saw a head piece to put over.
It was almost like a headband but with diamonds covering it and a line connected from one end of the circle to the other that would rest on the middle parting of Hermione's hair. The shoes wouldn't be seen but we're just as beautiful as the rest.

Hermione couldn't believe all that she had seen , she planned on writing a letter of thanks to Mcgonagall.

Hermione used a simple spell to make her hair dead straight (usually she would hate doing which is why her hair was frizzy all the time) she did simple makeup and applied lipgloss at the end. She had almost forgotten the head piece , without ruining her dead straight hair she put the head band on carefully. She looked beautiful , her dress fit perfectly she looked perfect.
--
Draco's POV

My dress robes for perfectly thanks to Mcgonagall and so did the shoes.

The nerves hit me when I was waiting for Hermione at the great hall doors , I faced the other way looking at the paintings wondering how long Hermione would take ,she wasn't late but I just wanted to see her.

"Draco?" I got a tap on my shoulder and it was a familiar voice ,it was Hermione.

My heart skipped more then I beat I swear it did I felt it. She was the most stunning girl I had ever seen , the way the jewels on her head gleamed made her eyes shine and her dress was beyond amazing. She looked perfect even more than before.

I couldn't even speak , I just kept staring at her like some idiot. I wanted to kiss her so bad I couldn't help it I leaned towards her and kisses her cheek.

"You're beautiful Granger" it just came out my mouth I couldn't help it I had called Hermione Granger beautiful and it felt amazing.

She leaned in and whispered into my ear

"You're looking so very handsome Malfoy"

My heart was about to stop but thank god it didn't and I was able to walk into the hall with her arms linked together like everyone else.
--

All the last years had to dance with their chosen partners first , Mcgonagall has taught them this during their free lessons.

Draco put his hand on Hermione's waist and the other on her shoulder and they started the dance.
It was a bit like the dance they had in the last ball which made it easier to memorise.

As they danced and looked each other in the eyes Ronald was watching them carefully watching every movement they made , he got mad even thinking they could be together. He ran his fingers through his hair trying to calm down , it was almost as if he was breathing out fire.

Hermione and Draco noticed but seemed to carry on the same way.

"You're a good dancer too miss Granger"

"I know"

He smiled at her.

After the first dance was over everybody joined and went wild. Hermione and Draco were dancing together spinning around ,there was true happiness amongst both of them.

Draco insisted on taking Hermione to her dorm and of course she let. On the way there they spoke so much they walked past the common room and ended up where Ronald ,Hermione and Harry discovered the philosophers stone door.

"Alohomora"

The door made a click and it was open ,they both walked in. The whole room had changed it was so clean with 2 couches to sit on and a coffee table. Hermione was confused of why it was changed and why the door in the floor was gone as well.

"I could have sworn this place wasn't like this?"

"no it wasn't Malfoy you're right"

"Wasn't there a three headed dog here too?"

"Yes there was I just don't know where it is"

They both stared at each other in confusion.

Hermione's POV :

Draco was so handsome it made me feel as though everything was a dream. He was a complete gentleman at the ball dancing with me and laughing all the way through. It was perfect.

Even in this room with only 2 couches and a coffee table he made it feel full. He radiated the place with kindness and warmth. Even though I knew how mean he could get I saw more good than bad and the more I understand how it was more of an act then the real Draco Malfoy.

I moved and sat next to him leaning my head on his shoulder , he played with my hair for about two minutes before he spoke.

"I just wanted to say that I'm-I'm like sor-"

"Malfoy there's no need to apologise ,please just shhh for now" I had cut him off and he didn't mind. I could feel his heart beating fast even though my head was on his shoulder.

I held his face in my hands and looked at him carefully inspecting every part of him. His eyes were so beautiful tonight ,better then other nights.
I ran my fingers through his hair and watched him close his eyes. I loved him , at that moment I knew I did I just knew it.

I leaned in and kissed him which he returned back.
Her placed his hand behind my neck and kissed me harder. I felt at home like I was away from everything and it was just us two far away.
His other hand moved down towards my waist and stayed there. He pulled back

"You're beautiful do you know that?"

I never really felt it but I wonder if he knew how gorgeous he was.

He got up and reached out his hand to me.
I placed mine in his , he quickly pulled me in towards him making me smile. He kissed my lips and we started to dance. It was better here then at the ball. Everything was better when it was just us and no eyes on us.

After the dance he took me to my common room and looked around then kissed me again.
--

Draco went back to the Slytherin common room humming the song that was played at the ball.

"Finally you made it" said pansy.

"Parkinson say one more thing and I'm going to break your heart okay? Go away leave me ALONE god damn" Draco spat

"Fine"

"I told you not to say anything but just go"

Pansy grabbed her stuff and left.

The night was still perfect for Draco and Hermione.