Chap 17

Hermione was finally out of the hospital wing 3 days later making her way to breakfast , wanting to surprise Draco.

When she walked in and people noticed , silence fell over the hall like a thick blanket.

"Hermione!" Shrieked Ginny making Draco turn around. Ginny ran up to Hermione hugging her tightly ,apologising to her for everything.

"It's not your fault Ginny I don't see you any different then before"

Ginny's eyes started tearing up from how happy she was.

Draco smiled at Hermione and Hermione winked back at him

"Don't think I didn't see that wink Draco" said Blaise in his husky deep voice.

"Whatever" smiled Draco.

"Go up to her Draco , no one will suspect anything , you did save her after all people will only think it's normal that you two talk"

Blaise was correct , which got Draco thinking of he should or shouldn't.

"You're right but what if people think we're getting a little too close and things go around , nothing stays a secret here Blaise you know that and when my father hears about this it's going to be bad"

"Yeah yeah sorry I didn't think that deep into the situation" nodded Blaise.

"Can Miss Granger , Mr potter and Mr Malfoy make their way to my office please"

Harry looked at Hermione then shuffled to the left to look at Draco , each one was more confused then the other.

They walked as a trio to the office looking like all three had been the best of friends for years.

The Phoenix spiralled upwards unleashing the stairs to there eyes.

Hermione went first then Harry and then Draco. Mcgonagall was standing next to the huge mahogany desk looking at Dumbledore talking , when she realises they were waiting she stopped the conversation and greeted them in.

"Well at least you're not in trouble this time" smiled Dumbledore looking at the trio with light in his eyes.

"Take a seat ,the three of you I have news to tell you all"

They all took a seat waiting for the news.

"Ronald Weasley had a hearing today"

Hermione looked at Draco with fear in her eyes.

"Everybody at the hearing decided that it was best if he was expelled from Hogwarts"

"I think that's the best professor" Harry agreed ,the colour from his eyes had gone and his eyes had darkened at the mention of Ronald ,he was Harry's first friend , they had been through the depths of hell together and it seemed Ronald was in his own hell.

Hermione looked down not able to come face to face with Mcgonagall.

"What does his family say about all of this?"

"Oh why thank you Mr Malfoy , Hermione the Weasley family have written you a letter ,they wanted me to give it to you ,the Weasley's couldn't pluck up the courage to talk to you"

Hermione reached for the letter in Mcgonagall's hand.

"Can we go now?" Asked Draco.

"You're all free to go now"

Harry smiled and they all walked out.
--
Draco's POV :

After Hermione took the letter off Mcgonagall I could see how scared she was to read it or even touch it. At that moment I wanted to hold her and not let go until she felt safe again.