Chapter 2: First Day of School

Chapter 2

Maddie's pov

"Maddie! Are you up!?" dad yelled. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah yeah." I said. I was wearing a pink skirt with a black and white striped shirt and a dark denim vest. I slid on my black flats and grabbed my backpack. I went downstairs and sat down on the chairs at the island.

"Morning Maddie!" my stepmom Jenna said.

"Morning Jenna." I said.

"Maddie I told you to call me mom." she said. I looked up thinking then looked at her.

"Morning Jenna." I said.

They rolled their eyes.

"MadDog, excited for school?" dad asked.

"I guess. Nervous." I said.

"Don't worry. Just be yourself." he said.

"Is that all you parents know?" I mumbled/asked. I grabbed a muffin and left for the subway. Gosh my parents can get annoying. I know that they're just trying to help, but sometimes I just want to be alone. I hopped on the subway and sat down. I listened to some 5sos and then someone sat down by me. I looked up and saw Charlie staring at me.

"Hey Madz. Can I call you that?" he asked. I laughed.

"Sure Char-Char." I said with a smirk.

"I'll take the nickname." he said. I laughed and he did to. We talked the rest of the way until we had to get off.

School

Charlie's pov

"Ok well I'll see you around hopefully." Maddie said as she went to the office. I nodded and went to History with my friends. I sat down on the other side of Lucas and Mr. Matthews started teaching. 5 minutes later the door opens. And in steps...

Maya's pov

The door opened and in came a girl with brown hair and around my height. Finally! I'm not the shortest! Riley hit my arm excitedly.

"Riles relax." I said. She jumped up and down in her seat. I looked at my friends and they shook their heads, except Charlie. He smiled at the new girl and waved. She gave a small smile back to him and a small wave. Oh no. He likes her! What do I tell Riley!?

"Ms....Madison?" Mr. Matthews asked.

She nodded, "But you can call me Maddie." she said and I looked around the room. Everyone was just kind of looking at her, but Charlie and Lucas were DROOLING over her. This is NOT the plan! Here IS the plan.

Me and Farkle

Riley and Charlie

New Girl and Lucas

Not New Girl and Charlie

Not New Girl and Farkle

New Girl and LUCAS!

This is going to create so much drama. Mr. Matthews told her to sit in front of Charlie, which was to my left. Crap. I looked at sweet, innocent Riley who was all smiles. I looked at Farkle and he was thinking the same thing.

Drama

Maddie's pov

After History I had Math. The bell rang and I started packing my stuff. Mr. Matthews called me over to his desk.

"Yes sir?" I asked.

"So your last name is Clutterbucket?" he asked.

"Sadly yes." I said.

"Just out of curiosity, what are your parents names?" he asked.

"Kermit, but I don't know my mothers. My father said she left him when I was born." I said shrugging. He nodded and let me go. When I walked out Charlie was waiting there for me.

"Hey Madz." he said.

"Hey Char." I said.

"More nicknames?" he asked while laughing. I shrugged and smiled. "What's your next class?" he asked. I looked at my schedule.

"Um...Math." I said. He looked at my schedule.

"Sweet! Same class, even with Farkle. Let's go." he said.

"Farkle?" asked the voice in my head

"Just go along with it." I told myself.

I walked over and he went over to his friends.

"Guys you already know Maddie. Maddie this is Riley, Maya, Farkle, and Lucas." he said. We all said hi. Lucas started staring at me and I just kind of awkwardly stood there.

"Ok well Farkle we have math. Catch ya guys later. Come on Maddie." he said. I followed them and now to math. Blech.

Maya's pov

"Alright well let's go to our math class." Riley said. We started walking and Lucas just stood there. I snuck up behind him.

"HA HUR!" I yelled in his ear. He jumped and we laughed.

"Jeez Maya! Don't do that!" he said. We all walked to math. I feel like I know Maddie! But how?

A/N: And there's the next chapter. What do you think? Thanks for reading! Please vote! :)

Q: Who do you ship in the story?

Thanks!