Chapter 7: Riley

Chapter 7

Maya's pov

Maddie and I crawled through Riley's window.

"Hey Maya! Hey Maddie! How's the twin situation going?" she asked.

"Terrible." I said.

"Horrible." Maddie said.

"What happened?" she asked.

"So my dad told me that my mom left me. Turns out he left with me, so I'm also a leaver! And I promised myself I wouldn't be a leaver. I can't be a leaver! But I am! Dang it!" Maddie said while freaking out.

"You're not the leaver! That was your dad's fault! He made you leave!" I said.

"But I left you Maya. How can you forgive me?" she asked.

"Riley told me to not hold a grudge because it won't help at all." I said and Riley smiled.

"I'm Riley! And I told her that!" she said proudly. We laughed.

"Thanks. All I know is my dad's going to expect me to easily forgive him and everything goes back to the way they are. But it can't!" she explained. "There is no possible way I can continue life knowing all this stuff!" she finished. I nodded.

"Same. I can't just continue this whole thing knowing that you're my twin and that I can't get to know you like a sister." I said.

"Then change that." Riley said. Maddie and I looked at each other, then Riley.

"How?" we asked at the same time.

"Wow you guys even have that twin telepathy thing!" Riley said impressed. We laughed.

"I guess we do." Maddie said.

"Well for one thing talk to your parents. The try to convince them to figure something out. Maya I'm sure your mom will want to get to know Maddie. Maddie I'm sure your dad will want to get to know Maya." Riley explained. We nodded.

"Then what?" I asked.

"Hopefully soon they will figure out some arrangement. But for now start easy." Riley said. We both nodded and agreed.

Charlie's pov

I cannot believe that Maya and Maddie are twins!

Maya breaks the rules, Maddie goes by the rules.

Maya gets bad grades, Maddie gets good grades.

Maya's blonde, Maddie's brunette

Maya's not afraid to speak her mind, Maddie keeps quiet.

How are they related!? What the heck happened to twins!? The only thing they have in common is being short and the same parents!

I don't even know what they're going to do. Why did Maddie barge out of class?

And I know I said I liked Riley, bit I think things have changed. I really like Maddie. I really do. But I don't want to hurt Riley. I don't want anyone hurt because of this.

And I know Lucas likes Maddie. And Lucas is my best friend. I can't hurt him! Ugh! What do I do!? I don't want anyone hurt for this because it's middle school! It's not worth it! But I know someone is going to end up hurt. Ugh! This is so frustrating!!

A/N: And then there's that!? What will Charlie do? What will Maddie and Maya do? Are they going to get along? Who knows!!

Thanks for reading!! Please vote!

Question: What is your favorite completed book by me?

Question: What is your favorite book by me that I am writing?

Thanks!!