7

Hayes POV

I hop in the car around 6:30pm with Johnny and Nash. To say I'm excited to finally meet Scarlett is an understatement. We've been talking for the last couple of months and I love talking to her. She's amazing and caring and she needs her friends with her right now. I grab my phone and pull up the Whats app group chat because not all of us have iPhones.

Scarlett is cool and matt sucks lol 

Hayes- we're on our way to the airport 😁😁 

Nash- he won't shut up. Someone send help lol 

Matt- yesss! I'm so excited to meet Scarlett! 

Cameron- safe flight Scarlett! ❤️ 

Gilinsky- safe flight scar! Can't wait to hug you! 

Johnson- can't wait to see you! Then you can come on tour with us!! 

Scarlett- can't wait to have a massive group hug with all of you. I've needed it ❤️ 

Hayes- we'll be waiting at baggage claim ❤️

I look up and see the truck stop at 7/11 as johnny needs fuel and Nash needs "snacks" I hop out and pay for a flavoured milk and hop back into the truck and pull up Scarlett's texts.

Scarlett; I can't wait to hug you. I've been waiting for almost 3 months now.

Hayes; i can't wait to see you too! You'll be getting the biggest hug from me bc i'm never letting you go

Scarlett; well then hurry up and get to the airport. We're like 10 mins away from landing 😰

Hayes; we just left 7/11 so you can wait your impatient butt there for 5 mins

Scarlett; oh alright. Seems like Nash gets the first hug.

I then hear Nash's text tone go off. He pulls out his phone and checks it. He laughs and starts typing back. "How come Scar just messaged me 'it seems like you've just got dibs of first hug from me' how did I score that. Aren't you first hug?" Nash laughs. I shake my head and tell him to ignore it, Nash and I kinda argued about the first hug from Scarlett since we've been waiting for so long to see her.

Hayes; you messaged nash to tell him he gets first hug. Rude. 😭

Scarlett; well you called me impatient.

Hayes; i take it back then

Scarlett: you made your bed lay in it 🛌

Hayes; 🚶‍♂️......

Scarlett; i'll see you when u get here

I put down my phone and see that we're about to pull in. We park at the 30 min spots and I rush in and look at the flight schedules.

From Los Angeles
To North Carolina
Scheduled to arrive at 7:05pm
Gate 7

I look down at my phone and see its 6:55pm. I see Nash and Johnny walk in after me asking where we can sit for the remainder of the 10 minutes. I get so antsy and nervous so I start pacing. Nash laughs at me. After a few minutes we hear a call over the PA system.

"Los Angeles to North Carolina arriving in 2 mins at gate 7."

I feel my heart beat start to race. "Nash, I'm so nervous." I feel barely getting the sentence out of my mouth. "Chill Hayes, you guys have FaceTimed so many times. She's basically part of the family already." Nash reassures me. Soon enough in the corner of my eye I see people start coming out. I stand there frozen waiting for her to come out.

Scarlett's POV

As I walk out into the Airport with my bag behind me, I look around the airport and see Hayes pacing back and forth and Nash laughing at him. I start walking over to them and see that Nash is pointing at me and Hayes looks over.

"Scarlett." Hayes says breathless. I drop my bags and embrace him into a hug. I calm my heart down and it is beating extremely fast. I snuggled into the crook of his neck and he kept his arms wrapped around my neck and my arms around his waist.

"Right. I would like a hug now." Nash asks, hayes and I laugh, we keep hugging for what it seems like 20 mins. "Jones. Give me a hug." Nash demands. I whisper in Hayes ear "I wanna keep cuddling you but I gotta give Nash a hug." He laughs. We pull apart and I give Nash a hug. He lifts me up and wraps my legs around his waist and I hug him.

I've met them once and I will never let go of these two people.