8

Scarlett's POV - the next day

I wake up to the smell of bacon, eggs and the sound of small mutters coming out of everyone's mouth. I put on one of my oversized jumpers and start walking down the stairs as I reach the bottom I hear everyone being shushed.

"Why do you need to shush everyone Hayes. Its ok." I say blinking and waking up. 

Hayes hugs me and kisses my cheek. "I know you've had a rough couple of months so I don't know if you sleep or not but when your here I can make sure you do." I wrap my arms around my best friend.

"Ya'll haven't met properly but this is Elizabeth, my mom." Hayes says still holding me. I nod and let go "Nice to finally meet you." I smile, she just pulls me into a hug. "Glad fo finally meet the girl who has been making my little Hayes happy." I giggle.

 "You can call me mom or Liz and not Elizabeth." I nod and hug her back. "I'm sorry we got home so late, I would've came in and introduced myself but Hayes took me to bed because I was exhausted from the flight and then we just chilled watching the stars." I say shyly.

Liz pulls away from the hug. "I knew where you guys were going, besides the best time to meet you was in the morning, now lets get some food into us." She laughs. 

I finally reintroduce myself to Johnny and finally meet Skylynn, she was very excited to meet me, as she has watched me since I started my channel, "I'm so excited to meet you." Sky laughs, I give her a hug, "Are you serious? I was excited to meet you!" I laugh. 

She runs up to the table and sits down "Scarlett, come sit here, I wanna sit next to you." I laugh and sit down next to her, Hayes looks at me and shakes his head. "Sky you took my friend." Hayes pretends to get sad. Sky just pokes her tongue out and laughs. We sit down and start eating. 

After breakfast Hayes raced me upstairs and told me to get changed. "We have 1 day till Magcon tour starts and I would like you to hang out with the guys with me till then or you can hang with sky." Hayes smiles. I sit on my bed. "I think I'd rather hang out with sky, I won't lie to you. She's better." I stick my tongue out and he narrows his eyes at mean then relaxes, "Yeah true, let's hang out with sky instead." He tackles me onto the bed. I laugh while he starts to tickle me.

After I had a shower and we walk downstairs and see Sky sitting outside with her toy house. We walk outside and start walking towards her. "Stop where you are." A little sky steps in front of us. "We're here to keep you company, can we play with you?" I ask. She laughs. "Nooo my friend Lani will be coming over, you two will just embarrass me." We both look at each other and laugh. "Alright Sky, we'll hang out by ourselves," Hayes says pulling me away as he lets go of my hand. "Race ya!" Hayes says, as he runs towards the dirt bikes in the garage and races off as I'm not too far behind "Where are we going?" I yell out and just follow him.

We keep riding for a while then get to a part of the land where there is a cliff at the end of the path and a little bit of a lookout.

"We drove all the way out here for you to murder me." I say, putting the brake down. He shakes his head. "I come here when I'm upset or needing to think." He says sitting on a rock patting for me to sit down next to him. "Jones. I need to tell you something," I sit down next to him and put my head on his shoulder. "Let me say something first. When we met at the mall, I was so terrified of being in the light and wanting to destroy my 'fame' but you've made me realise there are people who follow me because they love me and I adore you for making me see that. The way you interact with your fans, this morning the way you interact with your family and I've only been here for almost 15 hours now and I already am in love with your family and I appreciate you so much Hayes. Thank you. Even though we only have known each other for almost 5 months now. I love you and adore you as my best friend. You've made me feel loved again." I say, he looks at me and puts his arm around me and side hugs me. "You're never leaving me again. I'm with you till the end, no one is messing with you and I will not let you go." Hayes says. I start crying, and he wipes my tears away.

We sit there for a couple more hours and talk, about how much life has changed since gaining a platform and learning that the internet is a scary and amazing place at the same time. The amount of people who hide behind computers who bully and spread mean things. I'm laying on Hayes chest as we're both laying down. I look up and admire him, I really can not fall for him. I don't need anymore heart break from anyone due to the fact that we both love each other as best friends and nothing more. I feel a buzz in my pocket and see a message from Alex. I see that I only have one bar of service and reply as I can reply with the little service I have.

Alex💘: hey, hows nc? I would've messaged you earlier but been busy at work :)

Scarlett: congrats on the job 🥳 and its been good! Hayes and I are super close and his family is lovely! You need to be here!

Alex💘: awh lovely. You deserve some time away from LA but i'll be there for your first magcon show. Where's the one closest to Nc?

Scarlett: it's in Nashville. We are there first thing Tuesday morning:)

Alex💘: i love you. See you there 💘

As I put my phone away, I nudge Hayes and tell him we better get going. We both ride back to the house and go straight upstairs. I hop into bed and hayes walks past my room, "hayes" I call out. He looks at me and smiles so tiredly. "Stay with me tonight?" I ask. He comes in and gets in next to me and cuddles me and I cuddle back and we both fall asleep together.