Chapter 1

As I am walking on the beaches of Malibu, I can't help but think of my life, how it all turned out. I never thought my acting career wouldn't work out that well, or that my parents would ever get divorced after a 20 year marrige.

In fact, that is what I am doing right now, coming from my dads house, we had a long talk about what I want to do with my life and all that bs. How I am 17 and not doing well in school... After this summer break I will begin my senior year, I will have college applications to do, also balance my acting courses and trying to pass my exams with a decent grade. But enough of that, summer break just started 4 days ago and I just want to chill, hang out with my friends and hopefully attend a lot of parties.

--- Later that day ---

*phone rings*

"Hey what's up Claire?" My best friend Tiffany asked.
"Hey, nothing much just home, trying to figure out what am I going to do with my life" I said laughing a little at the end, even though it was true, I wanted it to seem like a joke.
"Oh, soooo... how did the talk with your dad go?" She asked concerned.
"It was okay, just the usual, why don't I want to study Business in University and why I am still stuck on acting" I said frustrated.
"I am sorry to hear that." Tiffany said, and with that a 40 second long silence was stuck in the air, until she broke it.
"So, there's this party tonight if you want to get your mind off, of all the things that are happening at the moment"
"Count me in, that is just what I needed!" I said enthusiastically.
"Ok! I'll come pick you up at 9pm, and we can roll! Love ya!" Tiffany said, I could almost see that big smile that she always puts on when she is excited about, really anything.
"Can't wait! Love!" I said and closed the phone.

It's 7:30pm now, so that means I have 1 hour and 30 minuted to get ready, I hope I won't be late.
...
Ok it's 8:46pm, I took a shower, curled my hair, and did my makeup, now the hardest part, what should I wear? I think I will go with my tight red D&G dress, and my black Louboutin heels. If you are wondering how I have such expensive clothes, it's because my dad is a very successful business man, great for me! I put my dress and heels on and Shhhhhhhiiii it's 8:57pm I better get downstairs!
I get down stairs say bye to my mom and told her not to wait up on me, because knowing me I will be staying till the sun rise.

I get outside and Tiffany is already in my driveway, so I get in say hi to eachother, hug and put the address in the gps, as we have no clue of how to get there. It's only going to be a 15 minute drive, so we put some good music on and we are ready to get to the party!