• Prologue •

******
Hey guys, I'm going to apologise in advance incase this turns out really bad since this is my very first fanfic and I'm not too sure how it's going to work out haha but I might as well give it a try hahaha. So, I hope you enjoy it and if there is anyone out there who can make better cover art for this then I would be more than happy to use it, thank you!!

******

My heart thundered in my chest. My eyes shot open and the light was painfully bright, causing me to squeeze my eyes shut.

"SHE'S AWAKE, DAD!" A loud and childlike voice exclaimed.

Then suddenly a deep, gruff voice hovered over me, "Shut up, Kyle! Your going to give her a bloody heart attack! Go get the nurse! Let them know that she is awake!"

I opened my eyes slowly to make out black shadowed silhouettes running around me before I suddenly became unconscious once again.

My eyes soon fluttered open once more, only to find my uncle and aunt, my two cousins and a man in a white jacket leaning over me.

The man in the white jacket spoke first. "Good to see that your awake then..." He said calmly, with a slight smile on his warm, friendly face. "Can you hear me?"

I nodded slightly in agreement.

"Good, good..." He spoke softly. "Now, I understand that you might not be feeling so great at the moment but I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you a few questions now that your awake. Will that be okay?"

I nodded once again, trying to sit up slightly with help of my aunt.

The man sat down on the edge of the bed and glanced at the sheets of paper in front of him before looking back up at me, once again. "So, first of all, can you tell me your name?"

I didn't open my mouth. I just stared at him.

My uncle placed his hand on my shoulder, and stared at me worryingly.
"You do remember, don't you, sweetie?"
I nodded before my uncle passed me a notepad and a pen. "Do you think you would be able to write it down?" Once again, I nodded before scribbling down my name neatly on the lined paper.

"Amelia Rose"

"Great! That good! That's progress!" The strange man in the white jacket exclaimed with a wide grin on his face.
I narrowed my eyes and my eyebrows knitted together in confusion before I scribbled down on the note pad once more.

"I don't understand. Where am I? What's happened?"

My aunt shared a mournful glance at my uncle and cousins before looking at me once again. "You really don't remember, sweet heart?"

I shook my head in disagreement.

"You're in the hospital. You were in an accident, sweetie. A car accident. Along with your Mum, Dad and Brother. You were the only one that made it..."