• Chapter Eight •

Corey's POV

"Wha...what did you say?" I opened my eyes wide and looked down at Amelia's small form that was wrapped in my arms.

She looked up at me and smiled lightly, her eyelids drooping a little since she was almost asleep. "Did you say something?" I asked, shocked after hearing her speak. But she just stared at me for a moment before she shook her head slightly, as if she was thinking of whether she should tell me or not. But I knew she had. She had said something, but why wouldn't she just admit to it?

I narrowed my eyes before the door opened and Caitlin, Chris and Sid walked in. Caitlin's face was red and blotchy, as though she had been crying. She had a small smile on her face and ran up to the other side of the bed.

"Oh god. You had me so fucking worried!! What the fuck were you thinking?" She screamed whilst hugging her friend tightly. Amelia mouthed to me, "I can't breathe!"

I laughed and then tried to pry Caitlin off of her. She finally let go and sat down on the bed. "Are you okay?" Amelia nodded and then sat up a little more, wincing at the same time. "Don't rush!" I said quickly whilst trying to hoist her up carefully with Caitlin helping me out.

Amelia finally got comfortable and gave us all a small smile. "It's nice to see a smile on your face." Sid winked at her and she giggled a little. Chris agreed with him, "Yeah. We were all really worried about you."

I stared at her for a moment before looking to Caitlin, "Where's her mom or her dad?"

Caitlin looked shocked for a moment and the little colour that Amelia had in her cheeks was completely gone. Her face crumpled a little and she turned on her side so she was facing away from me.

I could see her reflection in the window and she had tears slowly falling down her face. I looked back to Caitlin and she pointed towards the door, before making her way out.

I rubbed Amelia's shoulder comfortingly before telling Chris and Sid to keep an eye on her whilst I made my way out of the room.

I hadn't even shut the door fully and Caitlin was already hitting me in the ribs and on the side of my head. "Ow! Hey! Caitlin watch it-! Caitlin! Pack it in! Right- No- Stop now! What the fuck did I do?"

I gripped her hands tightly so she couldn't hit me anymore and she was bright red in the face. "What did you do?! What did you do?! Did you not listen to anything I said when we first met, you dickhead?! Her parents died!" She whisper-yelled.

My eyes widened. "Wait.. What? Who does she live with then?"

Caitlin face palmed and then pointed at me. "I specifically told you and Chris NOT to mention anything about parents! NOTHING! And what did you go and do? Ughhhh- I want to punch you in the face!" She repetitively kicked out at me and kicked me in a place she really shouldn't have.

Caitlin carried on with her rant whilst I was doubled over on the floor, holding my crotch.

"Caitlin?"

Both, Me and Caitlin, looked up to see a couple that looked to be in their late forties, a teen boy and another boy around 7 years old.

"Mr and Mrs K, you're here." Caitlin looked slightly relieved. I stood up and the woman slowly made her way over to us. "Is she okay, Caitlin? Please tell me she's alright." She sounded as if she was on the verge of breaking down.

"Yeah Mrs K, she's doing great!" Caitlin have them a reassuring smile and hugged the young boy whilst patting his head. "Wanna go see your cousin, huh? Come on kiddo!"

Caitlin led the woman and the two boys to Amelia's room and I watched them walk in one by one before the door closed.

"If you don't mind me asking, who are you?"

I turned to see the man staring at me. He was holding his cap in both hands and he looked as if he hadn't slept in weeks.

"My names Corey. Corey Taylor. It's nice to meet you Sir." I said whilst shaking his hand.

"It's nice to meet you too, Corey." He sent me a small smile. "I don't believe we've ever met before?"

"No Sir. I met Amelia and Caitlin yesterday at the concert."

"Ahh, so I take it that you're into this 'slip-knot' too?"

I laughed a little, "Yes Sir, you could say that." The man smiled at me before pointing towards Amelia's door. "Is she okay?" His smile faltered a little as he asked.

"Yeah. She's a lot better now anyway." I said and he seemed a little more relieved than he was before. "If you don't mind me asking, how are you related to Amelia?"

"I'm her uncle. My wife was her mothers sister. We took Amelia in once her parents had sadly passed away." He said grimly.

"Oh. I'm very sorry to hear about that." I suddenly regretted asking and looked away from him.

"No, no, it's fine. Honestly. You were probably going to find out soon enough anyway. It was hard enough losing them. And I don't think we could have coped if we had lost Amelia as well. She means a lot to us."

I nodded. I could see why. Amelia is very special. She's one of a kind. I could only imagine what her parent were like. But now I felt even worse for bringing them up I front of her before. I understood how it was to lose someone so close to you. It hurts a lot. And I probably just made it much worse for her.

I looked to Amelia's uncle and he looked towards the door. "I should probably go and see her now, it was lovely to meet you Corey."

I smiled at him and nodded. "It was lovely to meet you too. If Amelia asks, I've gone back to the hotel in staying at, to wash up and catch up on some rest."

Her uncle smiled back, "Of course."

I watched him walk into Amelia's room and the door shut softly behind him.

I felt numb. I slowly walked out of the hospital and sat down on a bench outside before pulling out a cigarette and lighting it.

I watched as people walked in and out of the hospital, and thoughts clouded my head.

"What the fuck am I getting myself into?"

******

Hey everyone!

Yes, I know. Bit of a boring chapter, but the next one should be much better I promise hahaha!! I'm so glad you're all enjoying it and the positive feedback is great, it really means a lot! So keep voting and I hope to update soon!! 😊😊

Thank you!!💕💕 xxxx

******